    Recently on my comp some websites opens by themselves. These are no popups.
    Looks like explorer opens new window and site is loading.
    How to prevent it?
    jazu, Apr 24, 2005

  2. jazu

    Ionizer Guest

    "jazu" <nospam> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Recently on my comp some websites opens by themselves. These are no
    > popups. Looks like explorer opens new window and site is loading.
    > How to prevent it?

    Install, update and scan your system with this:
    See what it comes up with.

    --
    Ian.
    Ionizer, Apr 24, 2005

  3. jazu

    jazu Guest

    "Ionizer" <> wrote in message
    > "jazu" <nospam> wrote in message
    >> Recently on my comp some websites opens by themselves. These are no
    >> popups. Looks like explorer opens new window and site is loading.
    >> How to prevent it?

    > Install, update and scan your system with this:
    > http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/software/default.mspx See
    > what it comes up with.

    I have Ashampoo Weboptimizer. Isn't it the same?
    jazu, Apr 24, 2005
  4. jazu

    > "Ionizer" <> wrote in message
    >> Install, update and scan your system with this:
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/software/default.mspx
    >> See what it comes up with.

    > I have Ashampoo Weboptimizer. Isn't it the same?

    I assume you mean Ashampoo WinOptimizer. No, it's not the same.
    WinOptimizer is more comparable to something like Norton SystemWorks.
    Microsoft AntiSpyware scans your system for adware and spyware, which
    may be the source of your recent problems.

    --
    Ian.
    Ionizer, Apr 25, 2005