    I.E. it starts on I-Lookup.com. I also have been getting a pop-up
    that says Privacy Protection Alert. I didn't ask for this stuff and I
    don't want it. How do I get rid of it??

    GerryB, Jun 25, 2003

  2. GerryB

    CK Guest

    GerryB wrote:
    > I have two toolbars that appeared mysteriously in i.e. 6. They are
    > I-Lookup.com Toolbar and UCmore Toolbar. I didn't ask for them, they
    > just appeared. Everytime I start the browser they are loaded. I have
    > tried to unclick them in the Tool Bar Options but the reappear the
    > next time I start the program. Also, when I start the program I am
    > taken to the I-Lookup.com website and not my regular start page. I
    > have tried resetting the default start page to mine but when I restart
    > I.E. it starts on I-Lookup.com. I also have been getting a pop-up
    > that says Privacy Protection Alert. I didn't ask for this stuff and I
    > don't want it. How do I get rid of it??

    either: use Mozilla instead of IE
    or: try ad-aware to get rid of the adware - http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

    CK, Jun 25, 2003

  3. GerryB

    GerryB Guest

    On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 00:57:26 GMT, CK <> wrote:

    >GerryB wrote:
    >> I have two toolbars that appeared mysteriously in i.e. 6. They are
    >> I-Lookup.com Toolbar and UCmore Toolbar. I didn't ask for them, they
    >> just appeared. Everytime I start the browser they are loaded. I have
    >> tried to unclick them in the Tool Bar Options but the reappear the
    >> next time I start the program. Also, when I start the program I am
    >> taken to the I-Lookup.com website and not my regular start page. I
    >> have tried resetting the default start page to mine but when I restart
    >> I.E. it starts on I-Lookup.com. I also have been getting a pop-up
    >> that says Privacy Protection Alert. I didn't ask for this stuff and I
    >> don't want it. How do I get rid of it??

    >either: use Mozilla instead of IE
    >or: try ad-aware to get rid of the adware - http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

    Sorry, I posted this in the wrong group.

    Thanks. I have been using Mozilla for about two weeks now and love
    it. My wife is the one who uses IE. She is not a computer geek by
    any stretch and uses IE at work, and doesn't want to learn something
    else at home. I'll try ad-aware and see if that works.

    GerryB, Jun 25, 2003
  4. GerryB

    Hellmark Guest

    GerryB wrote:
    > Sorry, I posted this in the wrong group.
    > Thanks. I have been using Mozilla for about two weeks now and love
    > it. My wife is the one who uses IE. She is not a computer geek by
    > any stretch and uses IE at work, and doesn't want to learn something
    > else at home. I'll try ad-aware and see if that works.

    Mozilla aint that different than IE. It only took me a few hours to get
    used to Firebird after ditching IE6. Then again, it took me a half hour
    to get used to my wacom, and most people take weeks.

    Hellmark, Jun 26, 2003
  5. GerryB

    Robin T Cox Guest

    GerryB wrote:

    > I have two toolbars that appeared mysteriously in i.e. 6. They are
    > I-Lookup.com Toolbar and UCmore Toolbar. I didn't ask for them, they
    > just appeared. Everytime I start the browser they are loaded. I have
    > tried to unclick them in the Tool Bar Options but the reappear the
    > next time I start the program. Also, when I start the program I am
    > taken to the I-Lookup.com website and not my regular start page. I
    > have tried resetting the default start page to mine but when I restart
    > I.E. it starts on I-Lookup.com. I also have been getting a pop-up
    > that says Privacy Protection Alert. I didn't ask for this stuff and I
    > don't want it. How do I get rid of it??

    If you don't already have it, get Spybot S&D. There's a short tutorial
    and download link here:
    http://tomcoyote.org/SPYBOT/

    After installing, press Online, and search for, put a check mark at, and
    install all updates.

    Fix everything SpybotSD labels in red.

    Reboot, and then test your system. If your problem isn't gone (or if
    you're unsure)-

    Download 'Hijack This!'. http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt/
    Unzip, doubleclick HijackThis.exe, and hit "Scan".

    When the scan is finished, the "Scan" button will change into a "Save
    Log"
    button.
    Press that, save the log, load it in Notepad, and copy its contents.
    Most of what it lists will be harmless or even essential, don't fix
    anything yet.

    Then go to http://www.spywareinfo.com/forums/
    where you'll get expert help.

    Just Sign in, or post as a guest,and go to the Spyware and
    Hijackware Removal section. Press "new topic", explain your problem,
    and
    copy and paste the contents of the Hijack This log into your new
    message.

    Robin T Cox, Jun 27, 2003