    Thanks.
    --
    To email, erase "forgetit"
    Flycaster, Dec 14, 2007

  2. Flycaster

    ded Guest

    "Flycaster" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Dell dimension 4600. XP fully updated. 1GB RAM. Recently, my browser
    > (Maxthon 2 and IE 7, I know the latter drives the former) is playing
    > youtube videos in slow motion. No viruses present. I tried to search for
    > a solution and the best I could come up with was that it may have
    > something to do with WMP 10/11, but I don't understand what the folks were
    > saying...something about codeces. How can I get things straight? Thanks.
    > --
    > To email, erase "forgetit"

    YouTube is streamed Adobe flash, it does not play in WMP
    It plays in an embedded flash media player on YT's site.
    Codecs are not relevent to YouTube media, it maybe you require
    to download the latest Adobe flash player, but if that was the
    issue you would have received an on-screen prompt on YouTube.

    Post a link to an example of a YouTube clip that plays in slow motion.
    ded, Dec 14, 2007

  3. Flycaster

    Flycaster Guest

    No doubt, all that you say is true, and thank you. But, I think I have
    solved my problem, although I am not entirely sure. At the time the
    slomo was happening (BTW, it happened with any internet video),
    retrospectively, I noted that that my memory was down to about 250mb. I
    rebooted, memory up to 550, and then the no problem with the videos.
    Feel kinda dumb about it all...
    To email, erase "forgetit"

    Flycaster, Dec 14, 2007