    preference keeps getting changed each time I reboot the computer. Now
    how do I get rid of these unwanted pages? Apparently they have
    inserted something into my system files? Thanks.
    harry manka, Oct 19, 2003

  2. harry manka

    Michael-NC Guest

    http://spybot.eon.net.au/

    Get the program.

    Update the spyware definitions.

    Run it.

    Michael-NC, Oct 19, 2003

  3. harry manka

    harry manka Guest

    "Michael-NC" <> wrote in message news:<8SBkb.40220$>...
    > http://spybot.eon.net.au/
    >
    > Get the program.
    >
    > Update the spyware definitions.
    >
    > Run it.

    Thank you Michael-NC. I did what you suggested and so far it seems to be working.

    harry manka, Oct 21, 2003
  4. harry manka

    Michael-NC Guest

    That's great. Spybots a good app. I would suggest you use it regularly and
    keep it updated. Inoculating the browser isn't a bad idea either.

    Michael-NC, Oct 21, 2003
  5. harry manka

    Plato Guest

    Michael-NC wrote:

    > That's great. Spybots a good app. I would suggest you use it regularly and
    > keep it updated. Inoculating the browser isn't a bad idea either.

    Agreed. I've been using Sypbot more and more on my personal PC. Oddly, I
    dont chose to install crap by any means, but spybot seems to still find
    crap I've downloaded by accident I guess.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Oct 21, 2003
  6. harry manka

    harry manka Guest

    Plato <|@|.|> wrote in message news:<3f95a7b7$0$13773$>...
    > Michael-NC wrote:
    > >
    > > That's great. Spybots a good app. I would suggest you use it regularly and
    > > keep it updated. Inoculating the browser isn't a bad idea either.

    > Agreed. I've been using Sypbot more and more on my personal PC. Oddly, I
    > dont chose to install crap by any means, but spybot seems to still find
    > crap I've downloaded by accident I guess.

    Now I have one more question. I have installed Windows 2000 Advanced
    Server on my PC. The uninst.exe file in my WINNT directory has a virus
    (hilda) in it. My antivirus software won't heal it or delete it. How
    can I get rid of the virus. I have the Server CD but don't know how to
    go about just replacing the virus infected file. Do I need to reload
    the whole Server OS all over again?
    harry manka, Oct 27, 2003