    In my network settings I don't see his network except under choose a
    wireless connection.

    Craig

    Craig Hummel, Dec 11, 2004

  2. I just got through fixing mine! My neighbor had a network amusingly called
    "virus/spreader". My Cisco VPN would not let me connect until I disables my
    computer from connecting to his network. Here is how I did it:
    1. right click the icon in the system tray for the wireless connection
    (lower right-hand corner)
    2. click "View available wireless networks"
    3. Click change the order of prefered networks" under Related Taskes
    4. Move your's to the top and remove his.
    5. Click OK and reboot

    =?Utf-8?B?T3p6aWU=?=, Dec 11, 2004

  3. Craig Hummel

    Jack Guest

    Hi

    If another Wireless Signal is propagating in your reception area it might
    appear in your available Wireless Network. Nothing is wrong with this that
    is the way Wireless technology works (the Air around us does not
    discriminate signals).

    Using the measures of security is the step to insure that others can not use
    your signal, and vice versa.

    Wireless - Basic Configuration: <http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Config.html>

    Wireless - BasicSecurity: http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Security.html

    Jack (MVP-Networking).