    Is there a readily available option that I am not aware of that would
    allow me to view and also copy and paste e-mail messages in the
    original format and structure in which they were composed?
    INTPN, Jun 23, 2007

  2. INTPN

    Paul Guest

    INTPN wrote:
    > When viewing e-mail messages on commercial e-mail services, I've
    > noticed that the line of text extends only so far, instead of meeting
    > the right margin.
    >
    > This has been especially problematic when I wish to copy and paste an
    > e-mail message in its original format.
    >
    > I've tried viewing the source code, but the line breaks are the same.
    > And when I'm composing a message myself, I've used the "save draft"
    > feature instead of sending it as e-email, but once it is saved, it
    > still ends up with unwanted line-breaks.
    >
    > I've tried various e-mail services, all with the same result.
    >
    > Is there a readily available option that I am not aware of that would
    > allow me to view and also copy and paste e-mail messages in the
    > original format and structure in which they were composed?

    Various tools can have "line wrap" or "word wrap", where the
    software moves text to the next line, and limits the line
    length.

    On one tool I use, I set it to 1000 characters (basically unlimited),
    making me responsible for using a pleasing width for each line.
    Maybe something like that will work for you.

    Paul
    Paul, Jun 23, 2007

  3. INTPN

    - Bobb - Guest

    "Paul" <> wrote in message news:f5jpoe$bri$...
    > INTPN wrote:
    >> When viewing e-mail messages on commercial e-mail services, I've
    >> noticed that the line of text extends only so far, instead of meeting
    >> the right margin.
    >>
    >> This has been especially problematic when I wish to copy and paste an
    >> e-mail message in its original format.
    >>
    >> I've tried viewing the source code, but the line breaks are the same.
    >> And when I'm composing a message myself, I've used the "save draft"
    >> feature instead of sending it as e-email, but once it is saved, it
    >> still ends up with unwanted line-breaks.
    >>
    >> I've tried various e-mail services, all with the same result.
    >>
    >> Is there a readily available option that I am not aware of that would
    >> allow me to view and also copy and paste e-mail messages in the
    >> original format and structure in which they were composed?

    Not an easy answer , but I run into the same thing when I want to
    save/forward an article that has been forwarded 10 times already and is
    full of > > > > ....

    What I do is
    open the email - Select all - copy.
    ( You can close the original email)

    Open a new text document "nowrap.txt"
    "edit - Paste "
    now find and replace
    "> " ( without the quotes) with ' nothing' - don't enter anything in that
    field. NOTE the space: that will replace all of the > > > 's leaving just
    the last one.
    Then find and replace just ">" with nothing and you have only the original
    text. Now starting at the bottom, hit DELete at the start of each line an
    watch the spacing as it wraps ( may have no space or 2 spaces) until you
    end up with the text and no line wraps. Save nowrap.txt and just send the
    file as an attachment. (My Outlook Express only lets me go no a character
    count of 99, so I can't send it inline without it wrapping too. ) The
    recipient gets it 'looking as it should'. It's tedious on a very long
    email, but it is not difficult.
    - Bobb -, Jun 23, 2007