    something I get this pop up window from "FindStuff" appear with possible
    urls for something I was searching for using google. I hate this litte
    feature. Where is it coming from and how do I kill it?

    John, Mar 11, 2008

  2. John wrote:
    > I have just upgraded to FF 2.0.0.12. When I do a google search on
    > something I get this pop up window from "FindStuff" appear with possible
    > urls for something I was searching for using google. I hate this litte
    > feature. Where is it coming from and how do I kill it?

    I don't know. I've never heard of this. Make sure your
    popup is working. Try deleting your cache and cookies. If
    all that doesn't work, then make sure your anti-virus
    checker is working, and your firewall.

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Mar 11, 2008

  3. On 2008-03-11, John <> wrote:

    > I have just upgraded to FF 2.0.0.12. When I do a google search on
    > something I get this pop up window from "FindStuff" appear with possible
    > urls for something I was searching for using google. I hate this litte
    > feature. Where is it coming from and how do I kill it?

    You've got spyware. C.f.:

    http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20071009124257AAwlIAY

    --

    John ()