    with them that don't make sense, does anyone know what that is all about?
    Is there a program that can filter out these unwanted e-mails. Any advice
    would be deeply appreciated. Thanks
    Michael Washington, Dec 31, 2004

  2. Michael Washington

    Conor Guest

    In article Michael Washington says...
    > I find myself bombarded with unwanted e-mail from mainly pornographic sites,
    > from people wanting to sell something or unsolicted loan approvals.

    Thats because you advertise your e-mail address to the world when you
    post on Usenet.

    > With the
    > pornographic e-mails, I have noticed that there messages that are included
    > with them that don't make sense, does anyone know what that is all about?

    Here's a clue dumbass Yank...

    The whole world doesn't speak Merkin English.

    --
    Conor

    -- George Patton
    Conor, Dec 31, 2004

  3. Michael Washington wrote:

    > I find myself bombarded with unwanted e-mail from mainly pornographic
    > sites, from people wanting to sell something or unsolicted loan approvals.
    > With the pornographic e-mails, I have noticed that there messages that are
    > included with them that don't make sense, does anyone know what that is
    > all about? Is there a program that can filter out these unwanted e-mails.
    > Any advice would be deeply appreciated. Thanks

    Thunderbird has a built-in spamfilter with learning capabilities, or use
    mailwasher. Btw. don't bounce spam, never think about complaining back to
    the spammer - the sender addresses are almost always faked or from innocent
    victims on worm infected computers.
    When posting to public audience like newsgroups or weblogs, make sure you
    don't use your main ISP mail address. Either "mung" it (adds inconvenience
    to replyers) or use disposable addresses like these on www.spamgourmet.com.
    The nonsensical part of some spams is added to fool context-sensitive
    spamfilters, just to reduce the density of trigger words.
    Linux woodpecker.homnet.at 2.6.9-mm1[LinuxCounter#295241]
    Walter Mautner, Dec 31, 2004
  4. On 31 Dec 2004, Conor scribbled in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > In article Michael Washington says...
    >> I find myself bombarded with unwanted e-mail from mainly
    >> pornographic sites, from people wanting to sell something or
    >> unsolicted loan approvals.

    > Thats because you advertise your e-mail address to the world when
    > you post on Usenet.
    >

    >> With the
    >> pornographic e-mails, I have noticed that there messages that are
    >> included with them that don't make sense, does anyone know what
    >> that is all about?

    > Here's a clue dumbass Yank...
    >
    > The whole world doesn't speak Merkin English.

    Perhaps you're the one who needs to get a clue. You ever heard of
    spammers inserting random text/gibberish in their spams to try to avoid
    detection by anti-spam apps?

    --
    The Old Sourdough
    I typed the word Google into Google.
    The Old Sourdough, Dec 31, 2004
  5. Michael Washington

    Rob K Guest

    On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 08:23:08 -0600, The Old Sourdough wrote:

    > Perhaps you're the one who needs to get a clue.

    Yup.
    http://tinyurl.com/5leva
    See the 'ping' thread and others.

    On a lighter note:
    I finally understood why the merkin president is called Bush.
    <VBEG>

    --
    My E-mail address in ROT-13:
    Rob K, Dec 31, 2004
  6. On 31 Dec 2004, Rob K scribbled in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 08:23:08 -0600, The Old Sourdough wrote:
    >

    >> Perhaps you're the one who needs to get a clue.

    > Yup.
    > http://tinyurl.com/5leva
    > See the 'ping' thread and others.
    >

    > On a lighter note:
    > I finally understood why the merkin president is called Bush.
    > <VBEG>

    Well, I've got a bush out in the backyard that definitely has more
    brains than the one you're referring to.

    The Old Sourdough, Dec 31, 2004
  7. Michael Washington

    Rob K Guest

    On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 08:45:13 -0600, The Old Sourdough wrote:

    > Well, I've got a bush out in the backyard that definitely has more
    > brains than the one you're referring to.

    :)

    --
    My E-mail address in ROT-13:
    Rob K, Dec 31, 2004
  8. Michael Washington

    Diogenes Guest

    rapskat wrote:

    > marjoram alexei borough chrysler boone minneapolis. trig bach
    > inseminate sicily artillery bullhead. seminarian contralateral
    > cacophonist pilgrim pompeii anchoritism baboon pathetic. piggish
    > handline explosive hondo amethystine arpa. disdainful adherent eva
    > certify benzedrine. lemma cot didactic. leeward webster april jon
    > crystallite. netherworld calendar spoon brilliant galactose."

    Mmmm... I didn't know you spoke Russian.
    Diogenes, Dec 31, 2004
  9. Michael Washington

    Mara Guest

    On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 08:23:08 -0600, The Old Sourdough <sameas@above> wrote:

    >On 31 Dec 2004, Conor scribbled in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >
    >> In article Michael Washington says...
    >>> I find myself bombarded with unwanted e-mail from mainly
    >>> pornographic sites, from people wanting to sell something or
    >>> unsolicted loan approvals.

    >> Thats because you advertise your e-mail address to the world when
    >> you post on Usenet.
    >>

    >>> With the
    >>> pornographic e-mails, I have noticed that there messages that are
    >>> included with them that don't make sense, does anyone know what
    >>> that is all about?

    >> Here's a clue dumbass Yank...
    >>
    >> The whole world doesn't speak Merkin English.
    >>

    >Perhaps you're the one who needs to get a clue. You ever heard of
    >spammers inserting random text/gibberish in their spams to try to avoid
    >detection by anti-spam apps?

    What, is he trying to troll two groups at the same time now? He's been over in
    COLA making a complete ass of himself, but is too stupid to STFU. It's been a
    real laugh riot.

    ROTFLMAO!

    AND I WANT TO KNOW WHY NOT!"
    --glmar04 at twirl.mcc.ac.uk in a.s.r
    Mara, Dec 31, 2004
  10. "The Old Sourdough" <sameas@above> wrote in message
    > On 31 Dec 2004, Rob K scribbled in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >
    >> On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 08:23:08 -0600, The Old Sourdough wrote:
    >>

    >>> Perhaps you're the one who needs to get a clue.

    >> Yup.
    >> http://tinyurl.com/5leva
    >> See the 'ping' thread and others.
    >>

    >> On a lighter note:
    >> I finally understood why the merkin president is called Bush.
    >> <VBEG>
    >>

    > Well, I've got a bush out in the backyard that definitely has more
    > brains than the one you're referring to.
    >
    > --
    > The Old Sourdough
    > I typed the word Google into Google.
    > Guess what came up?
    > Everything.-George Carlin

    This bush is for you.
    Captain America, Dec 31, 2004
  11. Michael Washington

    Labrat Guest

    Diogenes voiced his/her/it's humble opinion in comp.os.linux.advocacy on
    Fri 31 Dec 2004 08:37:15a:

    > rapskat wrote:
    >>
    >> marjoram alexei borough chrysler boone minneapolis. trig bach
    >> inseminate sicily artillery bullhead. seminarian contralateral
    >> cacophonist pilgrim pompeii anchoritism baboon pathetic. piggish
    >> handline explosive hondo amethystine arpa. disdainful adherent eva
    >> certify benzedrine. lemma cot didactic. leeward webster april jon
    >> crystallite. netherworld calendar spoon brilliant galactose."

    > Mmmm... I didn't know you spoke Russian.

    Still looking for an honest man eh?

    More luck looking in the New Year.

    --
    Later......

    Labrat...... |:^{)

    A recent convert to the flightless bird.
    Labrat, Jan 1, 2005