    does, then a few minutes later the damn thing comes right back on and
    I haven't touched it.

    What's the cure?

    richard, Oct 24, 2007

  2. richard

    chuckcar Guest

    richard <> wrote in
    news::

    > compaq armada M700 windows XP HE.
    >
    > Upon plugging in the power to the laptop, the unit instantly begins to
    > load and go. I don't even have to press the power on switch. I have
    > checked the power settings and can find nothing to change.
    >
    > Bios? I can't find anything in it that will stop this.
    >
    > If I leave the battery in, unplug from the AC with the machine off, it
    > will automatically boot up later and if I'm not using it, drain the
    > battery.
    >
    > Also, I have changed my hard drive to turn off after a few minutes. It
    > does, then a few minutes later the damn thing comes right back on and
    > I haven't touched it.
    >
    > What's the cure?

    Replace/turn off the power switch.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Oct 25, 2007

  3. richard

    Guest

    richard <> wrote:

    >compaq armada M700 windows XP HE.
    >
    >Upon plugging in the power to the laptop, the unit instantly begins to
    >load and go. I don't even have to press the power on switch. I have
    >checked the power settings and can find nothing to change.
    >
    >Bios? I can't find anything in it that will stop this.
    >
    >If I leave the battery in, unplug from the AC with the machine off, it
    >will automatically boot up later and if I'm not using it, drain the
    >battery.
    >
    >Also, I have changed my hard drive to turn off after a few minutes. It
    >does, then a few minutes later the damn thing comes right back on and
    >I haven't touched it.
    >
    >What's the cure?

    This question has been asked quite a few times with no real answer.

    --

    bubble wrap.
    http://public.aregner.com/bubblewrap.swf

    , Oct 25, 2007
  4. richard

    Phat Sam Guest

    On Wed, 24 Oct 2007 08:08:34 -0700, richard <>
    wrote:

    >compaq armada M700 windows XP HE.
    >
    >Upon plugging in the power to the laptop, the unit instantly begins to
    >load and go. I don't even have to press the power on switch. I have
    >checked the power settings and can find nothing to change.
    >
    >Bios? I can't find anything in it that will stop this.
    >
    >If I leave the battery in, unplug from the AC with the machine off, it
    >will automatically boot up later and if I'm not using it, drain the
    >battery.
    >
    >Also, I have changed my hard drive to turn off after a few minutes. It
    >does, then a few minutes later the damn thing comes right back on and
    >I haven't touched it.
    >
    >What's the cure?

    You might want to turn that setting in the BIOS off that says "Boot up
    at xx:XX every day" and "After power failure "Power On" or "Re-Boot",
    turn it to "Stay off"

    Phat Sam, Oct 29, 2007