Untraceble email back to my computer/identity ?

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by internet@spamhole.com, May 25, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Hello

    I live in a non-US country and would like to report something illegal
    via email, however I am fearful of the email being traced back to me
    somehow.

    Does anyone have a recommendation on how to do this?

    I was planning on the below, from an internet cafe or hotel business
    center or library:

    1. Configuring web browser to connect via proxy in another country
    2. Use web-based Type-II remailer such as RIOT or PARONIA to send
    email. Links below

    https://riot.eu.org/anon/remailer.html.en

    https://mixmaster.autistici.org/cgi-bin/mixemail-user.cgi

    is this a good plan? I do NOT have access to my own computer, allowing
    me to run Quicksilver or Jack B Nymble.

    Another idea is use Anonymizer (paid for with cash) and launch HushMail
    while Anonymizer is active, and send the email. This can be done while
    connected to a proxy server located in another country, altho this may
    or may not be necessary for anonyminity.

    comments, thoughts?

    Thank You

    , May 25, 2005

  2. Mimic Guest

    **** off you .rotarded spamming spic wanker.

    --
    Mimic

    "I can speak to people anywhere in the world, I can get any information
    I want, I can goto new zealand in 0.384 seconds, why would I want to go
    outside?"
    Damn the day star and its rays of light beaming upon my box of moving
    pictures.
    ZGF0YWZsZXhAY2FubmFiaXNtYWlsLmNvbQ== [ www.hidemyemail.net ]

    Mimic, May 25, 2005

  3. Alan Connor Guest

    On comp.mail.misc, in
    <>,
    "" wrote:

    > Hello
    >
    > I live in a non-US country

    Sure you do. And you are stupid enough to expect us to
    believe a word you say after going on (snipped part below)
    about using proxies and anonymous remailers, which you
    are obviously very familiar with.

    > and would like to report something
    > illegal via email, however I am fearful of the email being
    > traced back to me somehow.

    Right.

    If you want to report something illegal anonymously, use
    snail mail.

    That's what people with brains do.

    Trolls, not having any brains, are always looking for ways
    to post to various servers anonymously.

    They don't realize that the only reason that no one has
    tracked them down (or rather, bothered to do anything
    with that information) is that no one has any reason
    to do so: Trolls don't DO anything but run their
    ignorant mouths on the Internet.

    No one is going to take information that comes via
    an 'anonymous' email seriously. Unlike trolls, most
    people have functioning minds.

    <snip>

    Spealing of trolls, I see that "Sam" has posted
    something again.

    174:[Sam ] XXXXXXX

    My newsreader strips the body, and extraneous headers from
    the posts of known trolls, and changes the Subject to
    XXXXXX as above.

    I suppose that he is complaining about his Mommy not
    changing his diapers often enough again.

    AC

    --
    alanconnor AT earthlink DOT net
    Use your real return address or I'll never know you

    Alan Connor, May 25, 2005
  4. Jim Watt Guest

    On Wed, 25 May 2005 21:15:55 +0100, Mimic <> wrote:

    >**** off you .rotarded spamming spic wanker.

    you have something against Mexicans?
    --
    Jim Watt
    http://www.gibnet.com

    Jim Watt, May 25, 2005
  5. Sam Guest

    Beavis writes:

    > On comp.mail.misc, in
    > <>,
    > "" wrote:
    >
    >> Hello
    >>
    >> I live in a non-US country

    > Sure you do. And you are stupid enough to expect us to
    > believe a word you say after going on (snipped part below)
    > about using proxies and anonymous remailers, which you
    > are obviously very familiar with.

    Please don't place much value in Beavis' verbal outbursts. He's been
    dropped on his head, as a child. Several times.

    Your original suggestions appear sensible.

    > Spealing of trolls, I see that "Sam" has posted
    > something again.

    Beavis, I post something every day. But thanks for noticing.

    > 174:[Sam ] XXXXXXX
    >
    > My newsreader strips the body, and extraneous headers from
    > the posts of known trolls, and changes the Subject to
    > XXXXXX as above.

    Really, Beavis?

    You use slrn. I dare you to post a link to the patch to slrn that does
    anything like this. Come on, Beavis. Here's your chance to prove that
    you've been properly toilet-trained; that you're actually telling the truth
    and not whistling through your ass.

    Post the link, Beavis.

    But, we all know that you won't. Your problem is not just that you're a
    dumbass. Your problem is that you religiously believe that nobody realizes
    that you're a dumbass.

    And that's precisely why you're a dumbass. Figure it out.

    Sam, May 25, 2005
  6. On 25 May 2005 13:01:01 -0700, someone posing as
    donned fireproof bloomers and chiseled in the wall:

    > Hello
    >
    > I live in a non-US country and would like to report something illegal
    > via email, however I am fearful of the email being traced back to me
    > somehow.
    >
    > Does anyone have a recommendation on how to do this?

    Use Hotmail.

    --
    kai - - www.perfectreign.com

    kai:/> format a:
    Error: The DOS concept of formatting disk media is screwed.
    To format a floppy, use "fdformat /dev/fd0"
    and then "mkfs.minix /dev/fd0".

    Perfect Reign, May 25, 2005
  7. David H. Lipman, May 25, 2005
  8. Winged Guest

    wrote:
    > Hello
    >
    > I live in a non-US country and would like to report something illegal
    > via email, however I am fearful of the email being traced back to me
    > somehow.
    >
    > Does anyone have a recommendation on how to do this?
    >
    > I was planning on the below, from an internet cafe or hotel business
    > center or library:
    >
    > 1. Configuring web browser to connect via proxy in another country
    > 2. Use web-based Type-II remailer such as RIOT or PARONIA to send
    > email. Links below
    >
    > https://riot.eu.org/anon/remailer.html.en
    >
    > https://mixmaster.autistici.org/cgi-bin/mixemail-user.cgi
    >
    > is this a good plan? I do NOT have access to my own computer, allowing
    > me to run Quicksilver or Jack B Nymble.
    >
    > Another idea is use Anonymizer (paid for with cash) and launch HushMail
    > while Anonymizer is active, and send the email. This can be done while
    > connected to a proxy server located in another country, altho this may
    > or may not be necessary for anonyminity.
    >
    > comments, thoughts?
    >
    > Thank You

    In Uruguay the connections can be tracked by authorities irrespective of
    foreign proxies used. This is true of a number of latnic countries
    because of laws in place, and who controls the wire. I suspect you are
    best off to find a computer that you can use without notice that can
    not be traced to you or someone you love. They will be able to track it
    to the computer, it should be done quietly. You should compose message
    ahead of time in text only, paste the message and disappear and never
    revisit the host location again.

    Winged

    Winged, May 26, 2005
  9. NetworkElf Guest

    On Wed, 25 May 2005 20:35:23 GMT, Alan Connor <> wrote:

    > Trolls, not having any brains, are always looking for ways
    > to post to various servers anonymously.

    I can't think of any better example of a troll post. You've illustrated
    your point very well.

    NetworkElf: Super Genius, Computer Guy, Harley Owner!
    Blindly serving the covert purposes of the criminal-minded
    maniac behind Spews since 2003. Certified since 2005.

    NetworkElf, May 26, 2005
  10. andy smart Guest

    Alan Connor wrote:
    > On comp.mail.misc, in
    > <>,
    > "" wrote:
    >

    >>Hello
    >>
    >>I live in a non-US country

    > Sure you do. And you are stupid enough to expect us to
    > believe a word you say after going on (snipped part below)
    > about using proxies and anonymous remailers, which you
    > are obviously very familiar with.
    >

    >>and would like to report something
    >>illegal via email, however I am fearful of the email being
    >>traced back to me somehow.

    > Right.
    >
    > If you want to report something illegal anonymously, use
    > snail mail.
    >
    > That's what people with brains do.

    Not if they know they are a suspect and know anything about modern
    forensic document analysis. If you are sure you are not being followed
    and can get access to a computer then I would suggest that you would be
    safer using email than post if you wanted to be a whistleblower.

    > Trolls, not having any brains, are always looking for ways
    > to post to various servers anonymously.
    >
    > They don't realize that the only reason that no one has
    > tracked them down (or rather, bothered to do anything
    > with that information) is that no one has any reason
    > to do so: Trolls don't DO anything but run their
    > ignorant mouths on the Internet.

    Yes they do, they live under bridges......

    > No one is going to take information that comes via
    > an 'anonymous' email seriously. Unlike trolls, most
    > people have functioning minds.

    Actually, I'd tend to disagree with that. It's like saying that nobdy
    takes what comes in an unsigned note seriously and law enforcement
    organizations do that all the time.

    andy smart, May 26, 2005
  11. NerdRevenge Guest

    NerdRevenge, May 26, 2005
  12. ThePsyko Guest

    On 26 May 2005 in alt.2600, "NerdRevenge" <> made their
    contribution to mankind by stating in news:LBnle.1836$rY6.1530
    @newssvr13.news.prodigy.com:

    >> From: "Mimic" <>
    >>

    >> | **** off you .rotarded spamming spic wanker.
    >> |
    >> | --
    >> | Mimic
    >> |

    >> Tell the jerk to f**k off. However keep the racism out !

    > Since when is 'Hispanic' a race?

    Perhaps he was just a really clean wanker?

    spic

    adj : completely neat and clean; "the apartment was immaculate"; "in her
    immaculate white uniform"; "a spick-and-span kitchen"; "their spic red-
    visored caps" [syn: immaculate, speckless, spick-and-span, spic-and-span,
    spick, spotless]

    --
    ThePsyko
    Public Enemy #7

    ThePsyko, May 26, 2005
  13. Mimic Guest

    David H. Lipman wrote:
    > From: "Mimic" <>
    >

    > | **** off you .rotarded spamming spic wanker.
    > |
    > | --
    > | Mimic
    > |

    > Tell the jerk to f**k off. However keep the racism out !

    heh it was just the first general foreigner offensive word that popped
    into my head.

    Mimic, May 26, 2005
  14. On 26 May 2005 19:25:54 +0200, someone posing as ThePsyko donned fireproof
    bloomers and chiseled in the wall:

    > On 26 May 2005 in alt.2600, "NerdRevenge" <> made their
    > contribution to mankind by stating in news:LBnle.1836$rY6.1530
    > @newssvr13.news.prodigy.com:
    >

    >> "David H. Lipman" <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote in message
    >>> From: "Mimic" <>

    >>> Tell the jerk to f**k off. However keep the racism out !

    >> Since when is 'Hispanic' a race?
    >>

    > Perhaps he was just a really clean wanker?

    Hmm, that kind of goes against the whole concept of wanking, eh?

    Perfect Reign, May 26, 2005
  15. ThePsyko Guest

    On 26 May 2005 in alt.2600, Perfect Reign <>

    > On 26 May 2005 19:25:54 +0200, someone posing as ThePsyko donned
    > fireproof bloomers and chiseled in the wall:
    >
    >> On 26 May 2005 in alt.2600, "NerdRevenge" <> made
    >> their contribution to mankind by stating in news:LBnle.1836$rY6.1530
    >> @newssvr13.news.prodigy.com:
    >>

    >>> "David H. Lipman" <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote in message

    >>> Since when is 'Hispanic' a race?
    >>>

    >> Perhaps he was just a really clean wanker?
    >>

    > Hmm, that kind of goes against the whole concept of wanking, eh?

    Before usenet, that's what socks were used for!

    --
    ThePsyko
    Public Enemy #7

    ThePsyko, May 26, 2005
  16. ThePsyko wrote:

    > On 26 May 2005 in alt.2600, Perfect Reign <>
    > made their contribution to mankind by stating in
    >
    >> On 26 May 2005 19:25:54 +0200, someone posing as ThePsyko donned
    >> fireproof bloomers and chiseled in the wall:
    >>
    >>> On 26 May 2005 in alt.2600, "NerdRevenge" <> made
    >>> their contribution to mankind by stating in news:LBnle.1836$rY6.1530
    >>> @newssvr13.news.prodigy.com:

    >>> Perhaps he was just a really clean wanker?
    >>>

    >> Hmm, that kind of goes against the whole concept of wanking, eh?
    >>

    > Before usenet, that's what socks were used for!

    ....alright you guys win the "gross me out" contest. Congrats...

    Michael
    --
    "Trusted Computing" is a SCAM
    http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/can-you-trust.html

    Protect your rights
    http://www.eff.org/Infrastructure/trusted_computing/20031001_tc.php
    http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~rja14/tcpa-faq.html

    Michael Pelletier, May 27, 2005
  17. On Thu, 26 May 2005 17:25:59 -0700, Michael Pelletier wrote:

    > ThePsyko wrote:
    >
    >> On 26 May 2005 in alt.2600, Perfect Reign <>
    >> made their contribution to mankind by stating in
    >>
    >>> On 26 May 2005 19:25:54 +0200, someone posing as ThePsyko donned
    >>> fireproof bloomers and chiseled in the wall:

    >>> Hmm, that kind of goes against the whole concept of wanking, eh?
    >>>

    >> Before usenet, that's what socks were used for!
    >>

    > ...alright you guys win the "gross me out" contest. Congrats...

    Gross? We haven't even brought hamsters into this thread.

    --
    kai

    Perfect Reign, May 27, 2005
  18. FrozenNorth Guest

    On May 26, 2005 9:02 pm Perfect Reign tossed the following into the public
    domain:

    > On Thu, 26 May 2005 17:25:59 -0700, Michael Pelletier wrote:
    >
    >> ThePsyko wrote:
    >>
    >>> On 26 May 2005 in alt.2600, Perfect Reign <>
    >>> made their contribution to mankind by stating in

    >>> Before usenet, that's what socks were used for!
    >>>

    >> ...alright you guys win the "gross me out" contest. Congrats...
    >>

    > Gross? We haven't even brought hamsters into this thread.

    Dare I mention duct tape and hamsters and Crawpops in this thread.
    ;-)
    --
    Froz...

    Don't let people drive you crazy when you know it's in walking distance.

    FrozenNorth, May 27, 2005
  19. ThePsyko Guest

    > On Thu, 26 May 2005 17:25:59 -0700, Michael Pelletier wrote:
    >
    >> ThePsyko wrote:
    >>
    >>> On 26 May 2005 in alt.2600, Perfect Reign
    >>> <> made their contribution to mankind by
    >>> stating in

    >>> Before usenet, that's what socks were used for!
    >>>

    >> ...alright you guys win the "gross me out" contest. Congrats...
    >>

    > Gross? We haven't even brought hamsters into this thread.

    Or the duct tape :)

    --
    /(bb|[^b]{2})/ that is the Question

    ThePsyko
    Public Enemy #7
    http://prozac.iscool.net

    ThePsyko, May 27, 2005
  20. JM Guest

    FrozenNorth wrote:
    > On May 26, 2005 9:02 pm Perfect Reign tossed the following into the public
    > domain:

    >>>...alright you guys win the "gross me out" contest. Congrats...
    >>>

    >>Gross? We haven't even brought hamsters into this thread.
    >>

    > Dare I mention duct tape and hamsters and Crawpops in this thread.
    > ;-)

    What's this, Craw's version of a domesticated squirrel? ;p

    --
    for(grep /wifi/i, (keys %{*your::})) {

    JM, May 27, 2005