    Graham

    --
    "look for the ridiculous in everything and you will find it"
    graham chapman, Oct 1, 2003

  2. graham chapman

    DaveL Guest

    Yes, you should read the entire Meyers book. I don't like those Dummy books
    but that's my own bias. After you finish reading, take as many practice
    tests as you can find and go back to the book for review of any missed
    questions. When you can consistantly acheive at least 80% on practice tests
    (not the same tests where you memorize the questions) then you are ready for
    the exam.
    Dave

    "graham chapman" <> wrote in message
    > Hi all!!
    > I've just enrolled on a 15 week course leading up to the A+ exam. Now I've
    > managed to get hold of the Mike Myers A+ certification book ( 3rd edition)
    > and I also have the dummies guide to the A+. As far as my background
    > experience goes, I've messed around pc's for a few years, building,
    > configuring and even troubleshooting a few temperamental machines!! I've
    > passed the City and Guilds basic hardware course, and completed a few

    Learn
    > Direct courses, in Hardware fundamentals, Software fundamentals, Network
    > fundamentals, and IT troubleshooting ( these are based in the UK BTW)
    > Now the question I ask, is I've realised that there is a hell of a lot to
    > learn in a few short weeks, so what is the best and easiest way to learn

    all

    DaveL, Oct 2, 2003

  3. I would suggest getting the 4th edition of the Meyers book, there are more
    than likely some things in it that are on the test not covered in the 3rd
    edition.

    And with the A+ changing soon with new XP and other requirements, I would
    also suggest taking the test soon or wait and get the 5th edition when it
    comes out about the same time as the new Test.

    Philip

    C. Philip Cutler II, Oct 2, 2003