    dropping

    I cannot find any information anywhere about what this error means.
    It happens during phase 1 IKE negotiation, which never completes.

    ttripp, Sep 22, 2009

  2. ttripp wrote:
    > When I try to initiate a VPN tunnel between my ASA5510 and a remote
    > VPN device, I get this message:
    >
    > Received an un-encrypted UNSUPPORTED_EXCHANGE_TYPE notify message,
    > dropping
    >
    > I cannot find any information anywhere about what this error means.
    > It happens during phase 1 IKE negotiation, which never completes.

    My first instincts are that its pointing to a problem with the PKI
    handshake between the ASA and other device, so I would check that the
    keys are the ones you intend them to be, not changed in any way, and
    that the certificates are trusted if relevant.

    Do you know what the other device is, because somoene on list may have
    some working configs that you can crib. :)

    Best wishes,
    Andy

    --
    Regards, Andy Davidson CTO, NetSumo Ltd
    24/7/365 White labeled Network Operations team. - Network Consultancy

    Andy Davidson, Sep 29, 2009