    from your help desk. How do I get rid of them and get my PC back to normal.

    Thak you for your help.

    Andrea
    Andrea Panicca, Sep 27, 2004

  2. Andrea Panicca

    Jamco Guest

    your not getting emails from subscribing to this newsgroup, your getting
    emails from posting your email address to this news group.
    There are things called Bots, that go through and check for email addresses,
    they then sound out millions of spam messages to these email address. Once
    your email address is found, it will be sold to other lists, and you will
    get more and more spam...
    enjoy

    Jamco, Sep 27, 2004

  3. "Andrea Panicca" <> wrote in message

    Can I please unsubscribe.

    Right click newsgroup name [24hoursupport.helpdesk]
    Left click unsubscribe.
    HTH.
    --
    WSB
    West Stand Bowler, Sep 27, 2004
  4. Andrea Panicca

    °Mike° Guest

    On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 19:59:48 +0000 (UTC), in
    <cj9rfk$h8k$>
    Andrea Panicca scrawled:

    http://www.btopenworld.com/bbdirect/regbegin/faqs
    http://www.btyahoo.com/mail/helpandsupport

    >2. Did not realise how many emails I would receive when I subscribed to news
    >help. Can I please unsubscribe.

    Of course you can. Just right click on the newsgroup and
    select 'Unsubscribe'.

    >3. There is nothing to highlight to select DELETE to remove all the emails
    >from your help desk. How do I get rid of them and get my PC back to normal.

    You are reading an INTERNATIONAL usenet newsgroup. Please
    read the following links:
    http://uk.geocities.com/personel44/newtonews.html

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Sep 27, 2004
  5. Andrea Panicca

    Buffalo Guest

    > Please help.
    >
    > 1. Was trying to get a new emaikl address and the computer is

    telling me the
    > server does not exist yet it was the server the computer highlighted

    in
    > order to indicate that was the server to choose.
    >
    > 2. Did not realise how many emails I would receive when I subscribed

    to news
    > help. Can I please unsubscribe.
    >
    > 3. There is nothing to highlight to select DELETE to remove all the

    emails
    > from your help desk. How do I get rid of them and get my PC back to

    normal.

    > Thak you for your help.
    >
    > Andrea

    For #1: I don't understand the question.
    For #2 and #3:

    From a previous reply by "Mike":

    "How do spammers harvest email addresses
    http://www.private.org.il/harvest.html

    SPAM - Munging Your Email Address
    http://www.internet-tips.net/Email/SPAM_munging.htm

    How To Deal With Spam
    http://pobox.com/nospam.html

    Korean Spam Filter
    http://www.siue.edu/~jpogats/korea.html

    SPAM Tips and help
    http://spam.abuse.net/spam/userhelp/

    SpamCop
    http://spamcop.net/

    SpamCop FAQ Parsing and reporting spam
    http://spamcop.net/fom-serve/cache/16.html "

    I hope this helps you solve your problem.
    Buffalo
    Buffalo, Sep 28, 2004
  6. Andrea Panicca

    Buffalo Guest

    > "Andrea Panicca" <> wrote in message
    > > Please help.
    > >
    > > 1. Was trying to get a new emaikl address and the computer is

    > telling me the
    > > server does not exist yet it was the server the computer

    highlighted
    > in
    > > order to indicate that was the server to choose.
    > >
    > > 2. Did not realise how many emails I would receive when I

    subscribed
    > to news
    > > help. Can I please unsubscribe.
    > >
    > > 3. There is nothing to highlight to select DELETE to remove all

    the
    > emails
    > > from your help desk. How do I get rid of them and get my PC back

    > normal.
    > >
    > > Thak you for your help.
    > >
    > > Andrea

    > For #1: I don't understand the question.
    > For #2 and #3:
    >
    > From a previous reply by "Mike":
    >
    > "How do spammers harvest email addresses
    > http://www.private.org.il/harvest.html
    >
    > SPAM - Munging Your Email Address
    > http://members.aol.com/emailfaq/mungfaq.html
    > http://www.internet-tips.net/Email/SPAM_munging.htm
    >
    > How To Deal With Spam
    > http://pobox.com/nospam.html
    >
    > Korean Spam Filter
    > http://www.siue.edu/~jpogats/korea.html
    >
    > SPAM Tips and help
    > http://spam.abuse.net/spam/userhelp/
    >
    > SpamCop
    > http://spamcop.net/
    >
    > SpamCop FAQ Parsing and reporting spam
    > http://spamcop.net/fom-serve/cache/16.html "
    >
    > I hope this helps you solve your problem.
    > Buffalo

    Sorry, this was already covered in the reply by "Mike" in the URL he
    posted:
    http://uk.geocities.com/personel44/newtonews.html
    Buffalo, Sep 28, 2004