    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    thanks,
    Chris Benham
    Chris B, Jan 8, 2007

  2. Hi
    I doubt that there is much you can do from Windows perspective.
    Make sure that none of the processes related to the original D-Link is
    running at startup.
    The DWL-G650M is a none standard MIMO card that suppose to match the D-Link
    MIMO Wireless Router. These cards might present problems when working in
    other environment.
    Optimize the TCP/IP stack, http://www.ezlan.net/Internet_Speed.html
    If the Wireless Antenna is stuck (and obstructed) between the computer and
    the wall position it in clearer position.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Jan 8, 2007

  3. Chris B

    Guest

    On 8-Jan-2007, "Chris B" <> wrote:

    > The software supplied by D-Link is buggy and won't run, and when I rang
    > their technical support they told me to use the windows wireless utility.
    > I am able to connect to the network,

    My experience (and several reviewers) is that D-Link stuff is buggy, also
    that often the drivers they supply on CD don't match the device they are
    packaged with. I suspect D-Link source from several suppliers, probably
    on a quote us your best price for a batch of, then fail to supply the correct
    s/w for the batch.
    I had the same problem, support sucks, it wouldn't stay connected
    under load, and replacing with non D-Link cured the problem.
    , Jan 8, 2007