    Within last day I received sites that I have not visited. I'm using Windows
    XP and I have PC_cillin anti-virus installed. What can I do to stop this?
    Bernie
    Bernie King, Nov 19, 2003

  2. Bernie King

    leftnutrzr Guest

    "Bernie King" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Within last day I received sites that I have not visited. I'm using

    Windows
    > XP and I have PC_cillin anti-virus installed. What can I do to stop this?
    > Bernie

    open up your registry editor and look for "stcloader.exe"
    if something pops up then you have the downloader.trojan
    also ... try the online scans they can help you track it down
    also this article will help as well if it's the downloader.trojan
    http://www.mpsmits.com/message_boar...ge&go_category=EN0000000002&go_msg=0000017231
    leftnutrzr, Nov 19, 2003

  3. Bernie King

    Robin T Cox Guest

    "Bernie King" <> wrote in

    > Within last day I received sites that I have not visited. I'm using
    > Windows XP and I have PC_cillin anti-virus installed. What can I do to
    > stop this? Bernie

    See:
    http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/security.htm
    Robin T Cox, Nov 19, 2003