    range but all these state seure and a key is required to connect.
    Can people see the content on my computer if my wireless is unsecure?
    How do I make it secure?

    =?Utf-8?B?VGhlIEJvc3M=?=, Mar 28, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?VGhlIEJvc3M=?=

    Malke Guest

    The Boss wrote:

    > I am using a Belkin wireless router, when looking at my wireless
    > network it
    > details this device but states it is unsecured. Other wirless devices
    > are in range but all these state seure and a key is required to
    > connect. Can people see the content on my computer if my wireless is
    > unsecure? How do I make it secure?

    See these links for how to secure your wireless network (yes, your
    computers are vulnerable if your network is open to everyone):

    The six dumbest ways to secure a wireless LAN -
    http://blogs.zdnet.com/Ou/index.php?p=43

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com

    Malke, Mar 28, 2006

  3. =?Utf-8?B?VGhlIEJvc3M=?=

    Socrates Guest

    Hi - Just enter the wep details of your choice.

    www.amw1.com/tips

    Socrates, Mar 28, 2006
  4. You should have got a manual with your router that should show you how to do
    this via the web interface of your router.

    Normally all you should need to do is open a web browser, connect to the
    wireless router and complete a simple wizard.

    =?Utf-8?B?U3RldmUgUm9sbGlucw==?=, Mar 31, 2006
  5. =?Utf-8?B?VGhlIEJvc3M=?=

    Noelag

    Joined:
    Apr 30, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Sorry to resurect a dead thread, but this problem is similar to my own.

    I'm also on a Belkin wireless router. I just set it up today and had some problems with the phone that I have now taken care of. The problem now is that even though I have set an SSDI name and password/key etc.. And the details that I have defined appear in the settings for it in the manual install section, the network still remains an unsecure wireless network that is still named "belkin54g".

    This isn't a brain-dead computer user; I know enough about computers to have common sense. However, this has stumped me. I've repeatedly restarted the modem, reset the SSDI name, password/key etc.. and yet no change has occured. I've also looked on the web to try and find answers (obvious inferance from my post count and join date) but can't seem to find anything as similar enough to my problem as this.

    This worries me greatly for obvious reasons. It would be appreciated if I could get some help. I don't want any mindless referrals to "Networking for dummies"-like sites, I want some useful information from someone that knows a thing or two about my problem or the like :) Not to be mean or anything

    Thanks - Noelag

    Last edited: Apr 30, 2009
    Noelag, Apr 30, 2009