    get rid of that unwanted service?

    Thanks,
    G-Man

    STEVE HOFHEINS, Nov 2, 2003

  2. STEVE HOFHEINS

    Harrison Guest

    Tools | Options | Security
    Uncheck "Do not allow attachments to be ..."

    Harrison, Nov 3, 2003

  3. STEVE HOFHEINS

    Boomer Guest

    "STEVE HOFHEINS" <> wrote in

    > I always get the "oe removed access to the unsafe attachment".
    > Anyway I can get rid of that unwanted service?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > G-Man

    OLEXP: Using Virus Protection Features in Outlook Express 6 (Q291387)
    http://support.microsoft.com/search/preview.aspx?id=kb;en-us;Q291387

    Tools> Options> Security Tab and uncheck the "Do not allow attachments
    to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus" box.

    BTW is your clock set correctly? Check your a.m./p.m. settings.

    Boomer, Nov 3, 2003
  4. STEVE HOFHEINS

    Barry OGrady Guest

    On Sun, 2 Nov 2003 07:02:12 -0800, "STEVE HOFHEINS" <> wrote:

    >I always get the "oe removed access to the unsafe attachment". Anyway I can
    >get rid of that unwanted service?

    Did you mean 'Anyway, I can get rid of that unwanted service.' or
    'Any way I can get rid of that unwanted service?'?

    >Thanks,
    >G-Man

    -Barry
    ========

    Barry OGrady, Nov 4, 2003
  5. STEVE HOFHEINS

    RJ Guest

    I expect that you are using Outlook Express.
    In Outlook Express (thus where the OE comes from in 'oe removed access to
    the unsafe attachement') go to
    'Tools' then
    'Options'. In Options there is a tab for
    'Security'.
    Unclick "do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could
    potentially be a virus"

    CAUTION.....make sure you have a virus detection program (and a firewall
    would be helpful as well) or you are really leaving yourself open for a
    disaster.

    Hope this helps

    wrote:

    >I always get the "oe removed access to the unsafe attachment". Anyway I

    can
    >get rid of that unwanted service?

    Did you mean 'Anyway, I can get rid of that unwanted service.' or
    'Any way I can get rid of that unwanted service?'?

    >Thanks,
    >G-Man

    -Barry
    ========

    RJ, Nov 4, 2003
  6. STEVE HOFHEINS

    olfart Guest

    <> wrote:

    > >I always get the "oe removed access to the unsafe attachment". Anyway I

    can
    > >get rid of that unwanted service?

    > Did you mean 'Anyway, I can get rid of that unwanted service.' or
    > 'Any way I can get rid of that unwanted service?'?
    >
    > >Thanks,
    > >G-Man

    Did you get tired of screwing Sheep - so you joined the Grammar Patrol??
    G-Man - you must be running IE6. Look in Internet Options and uncheck the
    option to block attachments.

    olfart, Nov 4, 2003
  7. STEVE HOFHEINS

    Patrick Guest

    Barry OGrady wrote:
    > On Sun, 2 Nov 2003 07:02:12 -0800, "STEVE HOFHEINS"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> I always get the "oe removed access to the unsafe attachment".
    >> Anyway I can get rid of that unwanted service?

    > Did you mean 'Anyway, I can get rid of that unwanted service.' or
    > 'Any way I can get rid of that unwanted service?'?

    "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means
    just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
    Lewis Carroll

    Patrick, Nov 4, 2003
  8. STEVE HOFHEINS

    anthonyberet Guest

    STEVE HOFHEINS wrote:
    > I always get the "oe removed access to the unsafe attachment".
    > Anyway I can get rid of that unwanted service?

    Whats wrong with you??? JEEZUS!
    be spam-filtered.
    Do you use filesharing networks? If so, please visit my online poll:
    http://vote.sparklit.com/web_poll.spark/780772
    anthonyberet

    anthonyberet, Nov 5, 2003
  9. STEVE HOFHEINS

    Jerry G. Guest

    Open OE, and click on Tools, Options, and Security. You will see 2 check
    mark boxes. Uncheck the one about blocking unwanted attachments. I would
    leave it as is, and only uncheck it to open a specific attachment.

    Disabling this option is dangerous. There are many spammer mails, and virus
    mails coming in that will auto-open attachments, and autoinstall them before
    you can even realize this. This is why MS put these options in there, and
    made them turned on at default.

    Leaving the Preview Pane closed is one way to also prevent auto operations
    from undesirable emails. But, someone at some time will not realize, and
    accidentally open the email, and there will be a problem.

    --

    Greetings,

    Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
    WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com