"Unresponsive Script" Error Message ?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Robert11, Jan 11, 2008.

  1. Robert11

    Robert11 Guest

    Hello,

    Running XP.

    Never had this problem before.
    Getting freeze-ups, with the following error message:

    "Unresponsive Script
    A script on this page may be busy, or...

    You can stop the script now, or you can continue to see if the script will
    complete"

    Any idea swhat this is all about ?

    Might it be due to having only 1 GB of HD memory left ?
    Or,... ?

    How do I "fix" the problem ?

    Thanks,
    Bob

    Robert11, Jan 11, 2008

  2. Robert11

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 15:31:13 -0500, "Robert11" <>
    wrote:

    >Hello,
    >
    >Running XP.
    >
    >Never had this problem before.
    >Getting freeze-ups, with the following error message:
    >
    >"Unresponsive Script
    >A script on this page may be busy, or...
    >
    >You can stop the script now, or you can continue to see if the script will
    >complete"

    I'm guessing this is in a web browser? What web browser? What sites?

    >Any idea swhat this is all about ?
    >
    >Might it be due to having only 1 GB of HD memory left ?
    >Or,... ?

    HD is generally Hard Drive.
    Memory is Memory.

    Do you have only 1 gig of Hard Drive space? Or something else?

    >How do I "fix" the problem ?

    Be a little more "specific" and provide some details.

    Evan Platt, Jan 11, 2008

  3. Robert11

    Robert11 Guest

    To Evan Platt From OP: Re: "Unresponsive Script" Error Message ?

    Hi,

    Thanks for help; appreciate it.

    Have a 150 GB HD, of which my son and all of his downloads has eaten up most
    of it.

    Apparently, all that is free is about 1.5 GB.

    Guess I'll have to get an external HD for his "stuff".
    But, have been getting the error msg I wrote about starting yesterday.
    Have never had it before.

    It's causing freeze-ups.
    I doubt that the small amount of HD space left is the problem, but thought
    I'd mention it anyway.

    Any thoughts on ?

    Thanks again,
    Bob
    ---------------------------------

    Robert11, Jan 11, 2008
  4. Robert11

    Evan Platt Guest

    Re: To Evan Platt From OP: Re: "Unresponsive Script" Error Message ?

    On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 17:38:06 -0500, "Robert11" <>
    wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >Thanks for help; appreciate it.
    >
    >Have a 150 GB HD, of which my son and all of his downloads has eaten up most
    >of it.
    >
    >Apparently, all that is free is about 1.5 GB.
    >
    >Guess I'll have to get an external HD for his "stuff".
    >But, have been getting the error msg I wrote about starting yesterday.
    >Have never had it before.
    >
    >It's causing freeze-ups.
    >I doubt that the small amount of HD space left is the problem, but thought
    >I'd mention it anyway.
    >
    >Any thoughts on ?

    Please don't change the subject. It can create threading problems, and
    appear as a new thread.

    Second, go back and read my message, and the questions I asked in my
    post.

    Evan Platt, Jan 11, 2008
  5. Robert11

    Plato Guest

    Robert11 wrote:

    > Have a 150 GB HD, of which my son and all of his downloads has eaten up most
    > of it.
    >
    > Apparently, all that is free is about 1.5 GB.
    >
    > Guess I'll have to get an external HD for his "stuff".

    2 gig usb thumb drives are about $30. Easy and portable.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Jan 12, 2008
  6. Robert11

    Plato Guest

    Robert11 wrote:

    > Never had this problem before.
    > Getting freeze-ups, with the following error message:
    >
    > "Unresponsive Script
    > A script on this page may be busy, or...
    >
    > You can stop the script now, or you can continue to see if the script will
    > complete"
    >
    > Might it be due to having only 1 GB of HD memory left ?

    Possible. XP can take a lot for the page/swap file putting you in a
    bind.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Jan 12, 2008