  1. What might be the causes of a notebook rebooting for apparently no reason?
    Also, what might be the cause of various reboots failing (stopping) in the
    early stages? Thanks.

    =?Utf-8?B?Z3Rw?=, Oct 14, 2004

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Z3Rw?=

    Jeff Guest

    I've seen this problem caused by overheating in desktop PC's . Dust
    accumulation in the case makes the PC run hot.

    Jeff, Oct 14, 2004

  3. =?Utf-8?B?Z3Rw?=

    mike Guest

    scanned for viruses recently?
    typical behaviour of the bagel? worm when it has infected xp.

    mike

    "gtp" <> wrote in message
    > What might be the causes of a notebook rebooting for apparently no reason?
    > Also, what might be the cause of various reboots failing (stopping) in the
    > early stages? Thanks.

    ---

    mike, Oct 14, 2004
  4. Thanks to you both. Perhaps either. The notebook can get pretty hot around
    the memory slots. Also, I formatted the areas and reinstalled XP and the
    problem seemed to lessen (I check viruses regularly, but I don't think I ever
    performed the direct virus removals (software patches or removal executions)
    on this box). Hopefully, the formatted disks will continue for awhile (and
    the heat isn't the problem). Thanks again.

    =?Utf-8?B?Z3Rw?=, Oct 14, 2004