    side of the map type thing and bots move so fast you dont have a chance..

    ideas on what could be doing this??

    both OS's are windows xp..

    Nova, May 23, 2005

  2. Nova wrote:
    > I recently installed it on my laptop which is just a pentium m 1.6
    > and the game is insane.. its like in turbo mode.. everything moves at
    > the speed of lightning.. you press forward and you have run to the other
    > side of the map type thing and bots move so fast you dont have a chance..

    > ideas on what could be doing this??
    > both OS's are windows xp..

    you may have difficulty settings different on the machines... put them
    side by side and check they are identical

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, May 23, 2005

  3. Nova

    Bret Guest

    On Mon, 23 May 2005 12:56:54 +1200, Nova <> wrote:

    >I play this game from time to time.. I still like it compared to unreal
    >tournament 2004.
    >I play unreal tournament on an ok gaming machine (p4 2.8, geforce 6600gt
    >gig of memory)
    >
    >I recently installed it on my laptop which is just a pentium m 1.6
    >and the game is insane.. its like in turbo mode.. everything moves at
    >the speed of lightning.. you press forward and you have run to the other
    >side of the map type thing and bots move so fast you dont have a chance..
    >

    >ideas on what could be doing this??
    >
    >both OS's are windows xp..

    Google reveals:

    http://www.ataricommunity.com/forum...dab6fffdca5ab430d1&postid=5658340#post5658340

    Bret, May 23, 2005
  4. Nova

    Nova Guest

    Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    > Nova wrote:
    >
    >> I recently installed it on my laptop which is just a pentium m 1.6
    >> and the game is insane.. its like in turbo mode.. everything moves at
    >> the speed of lightning.. you press forward and you have run to the
    >> other side of the map type thing and bots move so fast you dont have a
    >> chance..

    >> ideas on what could be doing this??
    >> both OS's are windows xp..

    > you may have difficulty settings different on the machines... put them
    > side by side and check they are identical

    nah its more a timing issue.. i seriously mean when i press forward ive
    run like 10 times the distance than i can on the other machine..
    and when i fire a gun it fires like so fast its not funny..

    Nova, May 23, 2005
  5. Nova

    Bret Guest

    On Mon, 23 May 2005 12:56:54 +1200, Nova <> wrote:

    >I play this game from time to time.. I still like it compared to unreal
    >tournament 2004.
    >I play unreal tournament on an ok gaming machine (p4 2.8, geforce 6600gt
    >gig of memory)
    >
    >I recently installed it on my laptop which is just a pentium m 1.6
    >and the game is insane.. its like in turbo mode.. everything moves at
    >the speed of lightning.. you press forward and you have run to the other
    >side of the map type thing and bots move so fast you dont have a chance..
    >

    >ideas on what could be doing this??
    >
    >both OS's are windows xp..

    Try alt.games.unreal.tournament
    The group is still active.

    Bret, May 23, 2005
  6. Nova

    J.wilson Guest

    "Nova" <> wrote in message
    >I play this game from time to time.. I still like it compared to unreal
    >tournament 2004.
    > I play unreal tournament on an ok gaming machine (p4 2.8, geforce 6600gt
    > gig of memory)
    >
    > I recently installed it on my laptop which is just a pentium m 1.6
    > and the game is insane.. its like in turbo mode.. everything moves at the
    > speed of lightning.. you press forward and you have run to the other side
    > of the map type thing and bots move so fast you dont have a chance..
    >

    > ideas on what could be doing this??
    >
    > both OS's are windows xp..

    I seem to remember that there was a drop down menu
    somewhere in this game where the game speed can be
    adjusted.

    J.wilson, May 23, 2005
  7. Nova

    Nova Guest

    Bret wrote:
    > On Mon, 23 May 2005 12:56:54 +1200, Nova <> wrote:
    >

    >>I play this game from time to time.. I still like it compared to unreal
    >>tournament 2004.
    >>I play unreal tournament on an ok gaming machine (p4 2.8, geforce 6600gt
    >>gig of memory)
    >>
    >>I recently installed it on my laptop which is just a pentium m 1.6
    >>and the game is insane.. its like in turbo mode.. everything moves at
    >>the speed of lightning.. you press forward and you have run to the other
    >>side of the map type thing and bots move so fast you dont have a chance..
    >>

    >>ideas on what could be doing this??
    >>
    >>both OS's are windows xp..

    > Google reveals:
    >
    > http://www.ataricommunity.com/forum...dab6fffdca5ab430d1&postid=5658340#post5658340

    ahh cheers for that, that did the trick..
    my reactions just werent fast enough for that turbo mode heh

    Nova, May 23, 2005
  8. Nova

    Bret Guest

    On Mon, 23 May 2005 13:58:16 +1200, Nova <> wrote:

    >Bret wrote:
    >> On Mon, 23 May 2005 12:56:54 +1200, Nova <> wrote:
    >>

    >>>I play this game from time to time.. I still like it compared to unreal
    >>>tournament 2004.
    >>>I play unreal tournament on an ok gaming machine (p4 2.8, geforce 6600gt
    >>>gig of memory)
    >>>
    >>>I recently installed it on my laptop which is just a pentium m 1.6
    >>>and the game is insane.. its like in turbo mode.. everything moves at
    >>>the speed of lightning.. you press forward and you have run to the other
    >>>side of the map type thing and bots move so fast you dont have a chance..
    >>>

    >>>ideas on what could be doing this??
    >>>
    >>>both OS's are windows xp..

    >> Google reveals:
    >>
    >> http://www.ataricommunity.com/forum...dab6fffdca5ab430d1&postid=5658340#post5658340

    >ahh cheers for that, that did the trick..
    >my reactions just werent fast enough for that turbo mode heh

    Always glad to help a fellow utgoty player :)

    Bret, May 23, 2005