    inform it's correct size (1GB), so I'm still hopeful.

    Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

    Russell

    steele, Dec 3, 2005

  2. steele

    Brad Guest

    Have you tried to format it in the camera?

    Brad, Dec 3, 2005

  3. steele

    steele Guest

    Brad escreveu:

    > Have you tried to format it in the camera?

    Yes, it acts as though there is no card.

    steele, Dec 3, 2005
  4. steele

    Dave Cohen Guest

    "steele" <> wrote in message
    > Hey, everyone. Battery died during writing (stupid, I know - wasn't
    > paying attention). I was already expecting to lose the data, but now
    > the card is unreadable by the camera or Windows XP using a card reader.
    > Windows sees it, but won't access or format it. Tried FDisk, Card Wiper
    > (which gives me write error messages), etc. Both detect the card and
    > inform it's correct size (1GB), so I'm still hopeful.
    >
    > Any ideas? Thanks in advance!
    >
    > Russell

    Try a recovery program such as PhotoRescue, this will attempt to read
    sectors from the card bypassing the format. This doesn't help as to why you
    can't format the card. Sounds like the electronics of the card may have got
    hit, although a low battery write shouldn't do that. Some cards have a
    lifetime warranty so mfgr may be able to help.
    Dave Cohen

    Dave Cohen, Dec 3, 2005
  5. steele

    RobG Guest

    "steele" <> wrote in news:1133633307.688342.228440
    @g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

    > Brad escreveu:
    >
    >> Have you tried to format it in the camera?

    > Yes, it acts as though there is no card.

    "Do not try and read the card. That's impossible. Instead ... only try to
    realize the truth."
    "What truth?"
    "There is no card."
    "There is no card?"
    "Then you'll see that it is not the card that reads, it is only yourself."

    Misqoute from 'The Matrix". I thought it somewhat appropriate. (c:

    RobG

    RobG, Dec 6, 2005