    How long dose the ISP hold onto unread emails, I go on trips lasting six
    weeks, will the 1st ones still be there to collect on return

    Dick
    Dick Fleming, Jan 9, 2006

  2. Dick Fleming

    dogsBollix Guest

    "Dick Fleming" <> wrote in news:HErwf.34494$q4.32982
    @newsfe2-gui.ntli.net:

    > How long dose the ISP hold onto unread emails, I go on trips lasting six
    > weeks, will the 1st ones still be there to collect on return
    >
    > Dick

    your mail should still be there when you get back
    however if you get to much mail and you mailbox is full then later mails will
    be returned to sender with an appropiate message :)

    dB
    dogsBollix, Jan 9, 2006

  3. dogsBollix wrote:

    > "Dick Fleming" <> wrote in news:HErwf.34494$q4.32982
    > @newsfe2-gui.ntli.net:
    >
    >> How long dose the ISP hold onto unread emails, I go on trips lasting
    >> six weeks, will the 1st ones still be there to collect on return

    > your mail should still be there when you get back however if you get
    > to much mail and you mailbox is full then later mails will be
    > returned to sender with an appropiate message :)

    The time still depends upon the ISP. One of mine allows mail to sit in
    the Inbox until it is 30 days old, then automatically deletes it. Then,
    I think Gmail from Google allows it forever.

    One solution could be to set up a Gmail account, then set up a forward
    from the ISP account during the time you're away.

    --
    -bts
    -Warning: I brake for lawn deer
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jan 9, 2006
  4. Dick Fleming

    Mikey Guest

    Dick Fleming wrote:

    > How long dose the ISP hold onto unread emails, I go on trips lasting six
    > weeks, will the 1st ones still be there to collect on return
    >
    > Dick

    When you're gone, if you'll have access to a computer that has internet
    access, it's possible that you can read your email on your ISP's website.
    Check your ISP's website. I can read, reply and send my emails at my ISP's
    website.
    Mikey, Jan 9, 2006
  5. Dick Fleming

    Mike Easter Guest

    Dick Fleming wrote:
    > How long dose the ISP hold onto unread emails, I go on trips lasting
    > six weeks, will the 1st ones still be there to collect on return

    How big is your mailbox? If it is just 10 megs and you get much mail at
    all, when it fills up your mail will bounce.

    If you had a big mailbox like gmail's, you could forward your mail there
    for it to accumulate. I looked at virgin's site, but where I was
    looking didn't tell me the mailbox size.

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Jan 9, 2006
  6. Dick Fleming

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Mon, 09 Jan 2006 11:19:03 GMT, "Dick Fleming"
    <> wrote:

    >How long dose the ISP hold onto unread emails,

    That's a good question....

    For your ISP.
    Evan Platt, Jan 9, 2006
  7. Dick Fleming

    Plato Guest

    Dick Fleming wrote:

    > How long dose the ISP hold onto unread emails, I go on trips lasting six
    > weeks, will the 1st ones still be there to collect on return

    Depends on how much disk space your ISP has alloted you for email. Many
    are 10 to 20 megs. Some are less, many are more.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Jan 9, 2006
  8. On Mon, 09 Jan 2006 11:19:03 GMT, "Dick Fleming"
    <> wrote:

    >How long dose the ISP hold onto unread emails, I go on trips lasting six
    >weeks, will the 1st ones still be there to collect on return
    >
    >Dick

    Make a note of your ISP e mail account password and take it with
    you.You can then collect all your e mails on any computer in the
    world.
    valeofbelvoirdrinker, Jan 9, 2006