    Is there any way to unprotect a WORD document when the password is lost? I
    was unsuccessful in getting anything out of Microsoft.

    Stu

    Stu, May 7, 2006

  2. Stu

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:_Dq7g.12199$,
    Stu spewed forth:
    > Is there any way to unprotect a WORD document when the password is
    > lost? I was unsuccessful in getting anything out of Microsoft.
    >
    > Stu

    GOOGLE is your friend...

    Results 1 - 10 of about 6,200,000 for open word document with lost password.
    (0.46 seconds)

    Toolman Tim, May 7, 2006

  3. Stu

    Mike Easter Guest

    Stu wrote:
    > Is there any way to unprotect a WORD document when the password is
    > lost? I was unsuccessful in getting anything out of Microsoft.

    Lots of people sell password crackers for word docs and write faq/s.

    The different versions of Word use different encyption methods, some
    harder to crack than others.

    Just exactly why would you be password protecting a Word doc of your own
    and why would you need to crack it instead of using its password?

    If it is /not/ your doc, why are you wanting to break into someone
    else's doc?

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, May 7, 2006
  4. Stu

    Dan Evans Guest

    "Mike Easter" <> wrote in message

    > Just exactly why would you be password protecting a Word doc of your own

    Stop other people reading it, dumbass. Same reason I have a password on my
    user accounts.

    > and why would you need to crack it instead of using its password?

    Because the OP says he lost (forgot?) it, just as I once forgot roots
    password as I hadn't used it for so long

    > If it is /not/ your doc, why are you wanting to break into someone
    > else's doc?

    You're a self righteous nosey ****, aren't you?

    Dan

    Dan Evans, May 7, 2006
  5. Stu

    Mike Easter Guest

    Dan Evans wrote:
    > "Mike Easter"

    >> Just exactly why would you be password protecting a Word doc of your
    >> own

    > Stop other people reading it, dumbass. Same reason I have a password
    > on my user accounts.

    Who is the dumbass? He's using a crackable strategy to incompetently
    protect something which he can't get into himself.

    Brilliant.

    Not.

    Let me see. He 'protects' the doc from accessing it himself but not
    someone else competent to crack its password. Doh.

    That is an illustration of a way to password protect something badly.
    And do a very bad job of executing the notion.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, May 8, 2006
  6. Take a look at

    bruno cardinal, May 8, 2006
  7. Stu

    Guest

    Dan, I have to say, THANK YOU.

    I really hate blithering idiots like Mr. Easter.

    , May 12, 2006
  8. Stu

    Guest

    "Why are you wanting to break into someone else's doc?"

    How about: "Because they're a dumbass idiot and I'm trying to correct
    the errors caused by their obvious mental retardation, but I can't
    because they were paranoid jackasses when they created the goddamned
    piece of crap, and I really don't want to have to re-engineer the
    entire 100 pages when I could easily just break the frigging password,
    unprotect the document, insert a few fields they were too stupid to
    include, and get ON with my life. AND NO - I could NOT just simply ask
    them for the password, because not only are they paranoid fucks,
    they're idiots like YOU who would take it as an affront to them if
    someone were to suggest their form was a piece of fecal dung."

    There - is your nosy curiousity satisfied now?

    , May 12, 2006
  9. Stu

    Jimchip Guest

    On 2006-05-12, <> wrote:

    > "Why are you wanting to break into someone else's doc?"
    >
    > How about: "Because they're a dumbass idiot and I'm trying to correct
    > the errors caused by their obvious mental retardation, but I can't
    > because they were paranoid jackasses when they created the goddamned
    > piece of crap, and I really don't want to have to re-engineer the

    It sounds like it is their document and they have protected it from you.

    > entire 100 pages when I could easily just break the frigging password,
    > unprotect the document, insert a few fields they were too stupid to
    > include, and get ON with my life.

    It sounds like you are trying to appropriate their work as your own.

    > AND NO - I could NOT just simply ask
    > them for the password, because not only are they paranoid fucks,

    Hmmm, I wonder why they wouldn't want *you* to have access to their work?
    Could it be that they don't like you? That's hard to believe, given the
    engaging personality you have displayed in your recent posts.

    > they're idiots like YOU who would take it as an affront to them if
    > someone were to suggest their form was a piece of fecal dung."

    You are pretty hot to have something that you denigrate. I suggest the 100
    pages you want are beyond your abilities to re-create. If you could do it,
    then, given the poor job that's been done (according to you), you would have
    to...wouldn't you?

    > There - is your nosy curiousity satisfied now?

    --
    Isn't terrible when people lock out the parasites?

    Jimchip, May 13, 2006
  10. Stu

    Guest

    Jimchip wrote:

    > It sounds like it is their document and they have protected it from you.

    Yes, their POORLY DEVELOPED document protecting ME from ever being able
    to use it for any REAL purpose in the condition it's in.

    > It sounds like you are trying to appropriate their work as your own.

    Since only "polite" words will get through an idiot's skull like yours,
    here's the exact reason I need to get this cracked:

    It's a 100 page form. About 25 of the pages need fields to be input
    and printed out - but where fields aren't defined. SO - the idiots who
    designed the form insist that we print the form out and manually TYPE
    those fields in using a TYPEWRITER.

    See, it's idiots like you who think you know everything that would
    think using a typewrite when a computer could just as well let you
    enter information in those areas EASIER would be a good idea. Yeah.
    ME want to appropriate that kind of an idiotic fucking document like
    that and call it my own? I THINK NOT.

    > Hmmm, I wonder why they wouldn't want *you* to have access to their work?

    Because they're powermad? Because they're idiots? Because they have
    no more idea of what teamwork or efficiency is than YOU do?

    > Could it be that they don't like you?

    Ya know, I don't give a flying goddamn WHAT they feel about me. It's
    my job to get my work done in an efficient manner. THEY won't
    cooperate with that. I'm going above and beyond to get my job done and
    be efficient. Do they like me? It's not my job to be liked.

    > I suggest the 100 pages you want are beyond your abilities to re-create.

    Yeah, I could recreate it - but the form wouldn't able to be saved or
    shared via the network templates, idiot.

    > Isn't terrible when people lock out the parasites?

    Isn't it terrible when a TRUE parasite thinks the efficient people are
    the parasites?

    , May 13, 2006
  11. Stu

    Jimchip Guest

    On 2006-05-13, <> wrote:

    > Jimchip wrote:
    >
    >> It sounds like it is their document and they have protected it from you.

    > Yes, their POORLY DEVELOPED document protecting ME from ever being able
    > to use it for any REAL purpose in the condition it's in.
    >
    >> It sounds like you are trying to appropriate their work as your own.

    > Since only "polite" words will get through an idiot's skull like yours,
    > here's the exact reason I need to get this cracked:

    [snip]

    What you could do instead of acting like the idiot that you are acting like
    is to sit down, re-create the form you are so upset about and show the
    people in charge how it will be so much better to do it your way.

    But you're not going to do that, are you? You're not going to do that
    because you are a very low person in your organization, the people in charge
    know what an asshole you are, and they relish the thought of being able to
    stick it to you at every chance they get. If you were to try show the people
    in charge anything *better* you would be the laughing-stock of your
    organization- They already know what a pethetic loser you are.

    What you are too fucking stupid to understand is that the people in charge
    are treating you that way on purpose. Their goal is to make your life hell
    so that you will get fed up and walk out. They need a person who will just
    do what needs to be done and then move on to other work. They don't need a
    pathetic whiner who thinks that their personal idea of work time is somehow
    more valuable than what the organization values and requires.

    --
    Hmmm ... stupidity expanding ... a balloon of stupidity floating over
    amauck ... the more he speaks, the bigger it gets ... I wonder what will

    Jimchip, May 13, 2006
  12. Stu

    Mara Guest

    On Sat, 13 May 2006 02:39:24 -0000, Jimchip
    <> wrote:

    >[snip]
    >
    >What you could do instead of acting like the idiot that you are acting like
    >is to sit down, re-create the form you are so upset about and show the
    >people in charge how it will be so much better to do it your way.
    >
    >But you're not going to do that, are you? You're not going to do that
    >because you are a very low person in your organization, the people in charge
    >know what an asshole you are, and they relish the thought of being able to
    >stick it to you at every chance they get. If you were to try show the people
    >in charge anything *better* you would be the laughing-stock of your
    >organization- They already know what a pethetic loser you are.
    >
    >What you are too fucking stupid to understand is that the people in charge
    >are treating you that way on purpose. Their goal is to make your life hell
    >so that you will get fed up and walk out. They need a person who will just
    >do what needs to be done and then move on to other work. They don't need a
    >pathetic whiner who thinks that their personal idea of work time is somehow
    >more valuable than what the organization values and requires.
    >
    >--
    >Hmmm ... stupidity expanding ... a balloon of stupidity floating over
    >amauck ... the more he speaks, the bigger it gets ... I wonder what will
    >happen when the balloon explodes.

    Usenet.

    --
    Stress is when you wake up screaming, and then realize
    that you haven't fallen asleep yet.

    Mara, May 13, 2006
  13. Stu

    Jimchip Guest

    On 2006-05-13, Mara <> wrote:
    > On Sat, 13 May 2006 02:39:24 -0000, Jimchip
    ><> wrote:

    [snip]

    >>Hmmm ... stupidity expanding ... a balloon of stupidity floating over
    >>amauck ... the more he speaks, the bigger it gets ... I wonder what will
    >>happen when the balloon explodes.

    > Usenet.

    That's it! And I now realize, USENET via groups.google.com.

    Thanks, that explains a lot :)

    BTW, You may have seen this (nanae) but I thought:
    http://groups.google.com/group/news.admin.net-abuse.email/msg/2478b29f53989cad
    http://tinyurl.com/n5ggu
    Was a pretty funny "scenario".

    --
    "Caught red-handed"
    Definition: Found standing over the still-warm body of the recently

    Jimchip, May 13, 2006
  14. Stu

    Mara Guest

    On Sat, 13 May 2006 03:33:49 -0000, Jimchip
    <> wrote:

    >On 2006-05-13, Mara <> wrote:
    >> On Sat, 13 May 2006 02:39:24 -0000, Jimchip
    >><> wrote:

    >[snip]
    >
    >>>Hmmm ... stupidity expanding ... a balloon of stupidity floating over
    >>>amauck ... the more he speaks, the bigger it gets ... I wonder what will
    >>>happen when the balloon explodes.

    >> Usenet.

    >That's it! And I now realize, USENET via groups.google.com.

    See, I knew you'd get it.

    >Thanks, that explains a lot :)

    It does, doesn't it? :)

    >BTW, You may have seen this (nanae) but I thought:
    >http://groups.google.com/group/news.admin.net-abuse.email/msg/2478b29f53989cad
    >http://tinyurl.com/n5ggu
    >Was a pretty funny "scenario".

    It was. Almost as funny as the Comedy Central interview with Snotty Scotty. <g>

    On a side note, I've been following the BS threads pretty closely, too.

    "A couple of zillion Admins can't be wrong."

    Mara, May 13, 2006
  15. Stu

    Fish Guest

    On Sat, 13 May 2006 02:39:24 -0000, Jimchip
    open the fucking file. save it as rtf or htm. close the file. open
    the saved file. save it as a doc file. password gone. lets move on
    girls.

    Fish, May 13, 2006
  16. Stu

    Fish Guest

    Correction.... protection gone

    Fish, May 13, 2006
  17. Stu

    Mara Guest

    On Sat, 13 May 2006 04:31:42 GMT, Fish <> wrote:

    >On Sat, 13 May 2006 02:39:24 -0000, Jimchip
    >open the fucking file. save it as rtf or htm. close the file. open
    >the saved file. save it as a doc file. password gone. lets move on
    >girls.

    There's just something about Telus that brings out the frothing idiocy in
    trolls.

    http://makeashorterlink.com/?I18643A1D

    <snip>

    --
    "Ah, the wonderful world of Telus! You have my sympathy."
    --Mungo, nanae, /05

    Mara, May 13, 2006
  18. Stu

    Jimchip Guest

    On 2006-05-13, Fish <hardlyfucking> wrote:
    > On Sat, 13 May 2006 02:39:24 -0000, Jimchip
    > open the fucking file. save it as rtf or htm. close the file. open
    > the saved file. save it as a doc file. password gone. lets move on
    > girls.

    Don't tell me...tell the asshole who want's to know.

    --
    USENET posts do have references

    Jimchip, May 13, 2006
  19. Stu

    Mara Guest

    On Sat, 13 May 2006 04:43:00 -0000, Jimchip
    <> wrote:

    <snipped troll>

    >Don't tell me...tell the asshole who want's to know.

    Shhhhh.

    There's a feral apostrophe in your post.

    Are you going to try to tame it, or let it go back to the wild?

    "I personally would choose the latter - it's ecologically sound."

    --
    I can not rest, for the cry of these great agonies.
    --Edgar Allen Poe

    Mara, May 13, 2006
  20. Stu

    Dan Evans Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Dan, I have to say, THANK YOU.
    >
    > I really hate blithering idiots like Mr. Easter.

    NP, but you're going to have to leave quoted text in replies so we know what
    you're replying to.

    Dan

    Dan Evans, May 13, 2006