    The hard drive is partitioned into two drives, how do i unpartition this so
    only yhe one drive is shown.

    Doug.

    xoom7, Mar 3, 2008

  2. xoom7 wrote:
    > Got a old laptop hard drive and put it into a enclosure to make a USB
    > mobile HD.
    >
    > The hard drive is partitioned into two drives, how do i unpartition
    > this so only yhe one drive is shown.
    >
    > Doug.

    Using XP? If so then use the Disk Management tool under Computer management
    under Administrative Tools in Control Panels. Delete both partitions, create
    a new partition and format it.

    GreenieLeBrun, Mar 3, 2008

  3. xoom7

    xoom7 Guest

    Thanks

    xoom7, Mar 3, 2008
  4. xoom7

    Dave Guest

    On Mar 3, 3:45 pm, "GreenieLeBrun" <> wrote:
    > xoom7 wrote:
    > > Got a old laptop hard drive and put it into a enclosure to make a USB
    > > mobile HD.

    > > The hard drive is partitioned into two drives, how do i unpartition
    > > this so only yhe one drive is shown.

    > > Doug.

    > Using XP?  If so then use the Disk Management tool under Computer management
    > under Administrative Tools in Control Panels. Delete both partitions, create
    > a new partition and format it.

    I assume there is no data on the drive before you do that, though, or
    at least you back it up somewhere else.

    Dave, Mar 4, 2008
  5. xoom7

    oyster Guest

    You must first put it back in the computer then use the Disk Management tool
    under Computer management under Administrative Tools in Control Panels.
    Delete both partitions then create a new partition and format it.

    oyster, Mar 6, 2008