Unmountable Boot Volume

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Hurricane1000, Jan 17, 2005.

  1. Why when I start my computer I always get an "Unmountable Boot Volume"
    error message and have to restart the computer? Thanks.

    Hurricane1000, Jan 17, 2005

  2. Hurricane1000

    Thor Guest

    your computer is having trouble properly detecting the harddrive. Check your
    internal cable connections. Could also be that your drive is not spinning up
    and initiallizing fast enough by the time the system is ready to boot from
    it. Sometimes a BIOS setup will have an option called "harddrive pre-delay"
    to compensate for such issues. Setting the boot order to look for the floppy
    drive, and CD drives first can also help with that if a pre-delay option
    isn't present. It wil give the harddrive a little extra time to be ready.
    Otherwise your harddrive may be malfunctioning, or the motherboard could be
    malfunctioning.

    Thor, Jan 18, 2005

  3. Thor wrote:

    > your computer is having trouble properly detecting the harddrive. Check
    > your internal cable connections. Could also be that your drive is not
    > spinning up and initializing fast enough by the time the system is ready
    > to boot from it. Sometimes a BIOS setup will have an option called
    > "harddrive pre-delay" to compensate for such issues. Setting the boot
    > order to look for the floppy drive, and CD drives first can also help with
    > that if a pre-delay option isn't present. It Will give the harddrive a
    > little extra time to be ready. Otherwise your harddrive may be
    > malfunctioning, or the motherboard could be malfunctioning.
    >

    > ..
    > "Hurricane1000" <> wrote in message
    >> Why when I start my computer I always get an "Unmountable Boot Volume"
    >> error message and have to restart the computer? Thanks.

    Please see:

    http://www.windowsreinstall.com/install/howto3/unmountable.htm

    for several solutions.

    Michael