    The other problem the phone was or is for my daughter in the USA so its a UK
    blackberry going to be used in the USA.
    Any advise please.

    caroline, Jul 6, 2007

  2. caroline

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Fri, 06 Jul 2007 15:05:48 GMT, "caroline" <>
    wrote:

    >I am in the UK and have bought a blackberry which is locked to 02.
    >I am now told if I get the phone unlocked and use it on T Mobile it will not
    >work 100%.

    That's possible.

    >The other problem the phone was or is for my daughter in the USA so its a UK
    >blackberry going to be used in the USA.
    >Any advise please.

    Yep. Do some googling on the specific blackberry you purchased.

    Evan Platt, Jul 6, 2007

  3. caroline

    caroline Guest

    Its a 8700

    caroline, Jul 6, 2007
  4. caroline

    Guest

    "caroline" <> wrote:

    >Its a 8700

    That would be google: unlock blackberry 8700
    then.

    --
    Groovy dancing girl
    www.boreme.com/boreme/funny-2007/groovy-dancing-girl-p1.php

    , Jul 6, 2007
  5. caroline

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    caroline wrote:
    > I am in the UK and have bought a blackberry which is locked to 02.
    > I am now told if I get the phone unlocked and use it on T Mobile it will not
    > work 100%.
    > The other problem the phone was or is for my daughter in the USA so its a UK
    > blackberry going to be used in the USA.
    > Any advise please.

    My advice would be to ask the right questions and check things out
    *before* you purchase something. Life becomes cheaper, simpler and less
    hassle that way :)

    Desk Rabbit, Jul 6, 2007
  6. caroline

    caroline Guest

    There are other questions also which are not answered.
    Lots of answers on goggle are not always right this is why I have posted
    here.

    caroline, Jul 6, 2007
  7. caroline

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Fri, 06 Jul 2007 16:53:27 GMT, "caroline" <>
    wrote:

    >Lots of answers on goggle are not always right this is why I have posted
    >here.

    Well thank goodness the answers here are always right.

    Evan Platt, Jul 6, 2007
  8. caroline

    Ponder Guest

    Hiya caroline.

    In <news:bsuji.3311$> you wrote:

    > There are other questions also which are not answered.
    > Lots of answers on goggle are not always right this is why I have posted here.

    There are many unlock sites, all requiring payment. The phone appears to
    be capable of US use but the firmware supplied by O2 may make certain
    functions unavailable. The only way you're going to find out is to get it
    unlocked and try another SIM with it.

    --
    PGP key ID - DSS:0x2661A952

    Ponder, Jul 6, 2007
  9. caroline

    caroline Guest

    Now we are getting somewhere, what is the firmware and what functions will
    not work.

    caroline, Jul 6, 2007
  10. caroline

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Fri, 06 Jul 2007 21:28:07 GMT, "caroline" <>
    wrote:

    >Now we are getting somewhere, what is the firmware

    The Firmware is like the operating system for the phone.

    >and what functions will not work.

    I thought Ponder was pretty clear:

    Evan Platt, Jul 6, 2007
  11. caroline

    PeeCee Guest

    "caroline" <> wrote in message
    >I am in the UK and have bought a blackberry which is locked to 02.
    > I am now told if I get the phone unlocked and use it on T Mobile it will
    > not
    > work 100%.
    > The other problem the phone was or is for my daughter in the USA so its a
    > UK
    > blackberry going to be used in the USA.
    > Any advise please.

    Caroline

    The 'best' advice would be to return the Blackberry for refund because it
    was 'unsuitable for the use intended' (to use in the US) then go buy a US
    model or give the money to your daughter to buy one over there.
    From my reading of the way Electronic Retailers in UK jack up the price you
    are likely to find a Blackberry is cheaper in the US anyway.

    That way you eliminate any uncertainty about what facilities will or will
    not work when (and if) you find someone you can trust to unlock it.

    Best
    Paul.

    PeeCee, Jul 7, 2007
  12. caroline

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Sat, 7 Jul 2007 11:31:54 +1200, "PeeCee" <> wrote:

    >The 'best' advice would be to return the Blackberry for refund because it
    >was 'unsuitable for the use intended' (to use in the US)

    Wow. Must be a UK thing. What I've seen on the UK eBay group is a
    person has <X> days to return a item for any reason, even if bought
    from someone on eBay.

    Talk about a stupidity law.

    I could buy a small shirt, then get it, and send it back and demand a
    full refund because it doesn't fit, knowing I'm a XL.

    Am I missing something?

    Evan Platt, Jul 7, 2007
  13. caroline

    pcbutts1 Guest

    You will probably find all your answers here http://www.howardforums.com/

    pcbutts1, Jul 7, 2007
  14. caroline

    Ponder Guest

    Hiya caroline.

    In <news:Htyji.14069$> you wrote:

    > Now we are getting somewhere, what is the firmware and what functions will
    > not work.

    The firmware is that installed by O2. What may or may not work will only
    be found out by experimentation. As it's a rare device compared to other
    makes of mobile phone I dare say you'd have to be the guinea pig and find
    out yourself.

    Another option would be to contact O2, but to be honest I doubt they'd be
    any help.

    --
    PGP key ID - DSS:0x2661A952

    Ponder, Jul 7, 2007
  15. caroline

    Ponder Guest

    Hiya PeeCee.

    In <news:f6mjdc$q7b$> you wrote:

    > The 'best' advice would be to return the Blackberry for refund because it
    > was 'unsuitable for the use intended' (to use in the US) then go buy a US
    > model or give the money to your daughter to buy one over there.
    > From my reading of the way Electronic Retailers in UK jack up the price you
    > are likely to find a Blackberry is cheaper in the US anyway.

    If I were the seller I'd refuse a return on that basis unless the buyer
    specifically asked if it were capable of the requirements. You can't return
    an item because it's not suitable if you haven't stated the need in the
    first place.

    --
    PGP key ID - DSS:0x2661A952

    Ponder, Jul 7, 2007
  16. caroline

    PeeCee Guest

    "Ponder" <> wrote in message
    > Hiya PeeCee.
    >
    > In <news:f6mjdc$q7b$> you wrote:
    >
    >> The 'best' advice would be to return the Blackberry for refund because it
    >> was 'unsuitable for the use intended' (to use in the US) then go buy a US
    >> model or give the money to your daughter to buy one over there.
    >> From my reading of the way Electronic Retailers in UK jack up the price
    >> you
    >> are likely to find a Blackberry is cheaper in the US anyway.

    > If I were the seller I'd refuse a return on that basis unless the buyer
    > specifically asked if it were capable of the requirements. You can't
    > return
    > an item because it's not suitable if you haven't stated the need in the
    > first place.
    >
    > --
    > PGP key ID - DSS:0x2661A952
    > Homepage: http://www.colinjones.co.uk ICQ# 1707811
    > Skittles Team: http://www.ddskittles.co.uk

    Ponder and Evan

    Quite agree with your sentiments if the buyer didn't make it clear what they
    wanted it for.
    In Carolines case we simply don't know how she acquired the Blackberry.

    I only offered the 'return for refund' option as one possible way to save
    herself a lot of hastle, time and money.
    Others would have been to sell it on to someone else, use it herself etc....

    As so many have said before 'crystal ball is a bit hazy today'

    Best
    Paul.

    PeeCee, Jul 8, 2007
  17. caroline

    caroline Guest

    "PeeCee" <> wrote in message

    > "Ponder" <> wrote in message
    > > Hiya PeeCee.
    > >
    > > In <news:f6mjdc$q7b$> you wrote:
    > >
    > >> The 'best' advice would be to return the Blackberry for refund because

    it
    > >> was 'unsuitable for the use intended' (to use in the US) then go buy a

    US
    > >> model or give the money to your daughter to buy one over there.
    > >> From my reading of the way Electronic Retailers in UK jack up the price
    > >> you
    > >> are likely to find a Blackberry is cheaper in the US anyway.

    > > If I were the seller I'd refuse a return on that basis unless the buyer
    > > specifically asked if it were capable of the requirements. You can't
    > > return
    > > an item because it's not suitable if you haven't stated the need in the
    > > first place.
    > >
    > > --
    > > PGP key ID - DSS:0x2661A952
    > > Homepage: http://www.colinjones.co.uk ICQ# 1707811
    > > Skittles Team: http://www.ddskittles.co.uk

    > Ponder and Evan
    >
    > Quite agree with your sentiments if the buyer didn't make it clear what

    they
    > wanted it for.
    > In Carolines case we simply don't know how she acquired the Blackberry.
    >
    > I only offered the 'return for refund' option as one possible way to save
    > herself a lot of hastle, time and money.
    > Others would have been to sell it on to someone else, use it herself

    etc....

    > As so many have said before 'crystal ball is a bit hazy today'
    >
    > Best
    > Paul.

    How can I unlock the blackberry from O2 as O2 want £20 then they will send
    me the code in the post.
    Unlock code for free would be nice if anyone has it.

    caroline, Jul 8, 2007
  18. caroline

    Ponder Guest

    Hiya caroline.

    In <news:mr0ki.15774$> you wrote:

    > How can I unlock the blackberry from O2 as O2 want £20 then they will send
    > me the code in the post.
    > Unlock code for free would be nice if anyone has it.

    I'd go for the £20 option. Most unlock sites I've found ask a lot more
    for Blackberry unlock. Not found a UK price but seen $99 and $59 as asking
    prices... the $99 offers an Unlock By Operator service, which basically
    means they'll pay the £20 and then charge you extra. If O2 are willing to
    sell you the unlock code it's worth asking them about its compatibility
    with other networks.

    --
    PGP key ID - DSS:0x2661A952

    Ponder, Jul 8, 2007
  19. caroline

    pcbutts1 Guest

    I already told you. See my previous post.

    pcbutts1, Jul 8, 2007
  20. caroline

    Ponder Guest

    Hiya pcbutts1.

    In <news:f6qq8h$lni$> you wrote:

    > I already told you. See my previous post.

    Maybe she already knows your reputation...

    Without joining to use the forum's search engine, once again I only find
    unlock fees in USD, or CanadianD. If I follow the logical path I see one
    related post made on the 20th of June this year, with no responses and
    which is now closed.

    --
    PGP key ID - DSS:0x2661A952

    Ponder, Jul 8, 2007