Unlocker-moveonboot-prevx console+"windows cannot acces

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by baoboa, Mar 12, 2007.

  1. baoboa

    baoboa Guest

    running xp pro sp2.. 2 days ago installed Unlocker-moveonboot-prev
    console to get rid of some files that were being a pain. Everythin
    worked great...after 2 days of downloading, working etc.. then thi
    morning after watching a video on the pc, I was unable to acces
    anything. Did a restart and started getting the "windows canno
    access the specified device, path, or file. You may not hav
    appropriate permissions to access the item." message. I hav
    searched the net high and low using a friends pc for a fix and trie
    everything possible...all to no avail. The only thing I can now do i
    open some folders, my computer, drives, search function and some ru
    commands will work. Everything else wont open. msconfig opens bu
    none of the commands work. Have tried safe mode - same results. I di
    find one post where a guy had installed Unlocker and found this sam
    problem coming about... but there werent any sollutions posted. I
    leads me to believe that Unlocker may be the culprit and needs to go
    But I am unable to delete/uninstall it

    Anyone have any idea on what actions to take here? I am desperate t
    get it up and running asap, as my work depends upon it. ANY help i
    MUCH appreciated!!

    Thanks..
    baoboa, Mar 12, 2007

  2. What were the files that you forced deleted? Were they Windows system
    files? If Windows is preventing you from deleting a file, there is usually
    a good reason for it.

    PC Tech Solutions
    http://pctech-solutions.com

    PC Tech Solutions, Mar 12, 2007

  3. baoboa

    meerkat Guest

    > running xp pro sp2.. 2 days ago installed Unlocker-moveonboot-prevx
    > console to get rid of some files that were being a pain. Everything
    > worked great...after 2 days of downloading, working etc.. then this
    > morning after watching a video on the pc, I was unable to access
    > anything. Did a restart and started getting the "windows cannot
    > access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have
    > appropriate permissions to access the item." message. I have
    > searched the net high and low using a friends pc for a fix and tried
    > everything possible...all to no avail. The only thing I can now do is
    > open some folders, my computer, drives, search function and some run
    > commands will work. Everything else wont open. msconfig opens but
    > none of the commands work. Have tried safe mode - same results. I did
    > find one post where a guy had installed Unlocker and found this same
    > problem coming about... but there werent any sollutions posted. It
    > leads me to believe that Unlocker may be the culprit and needs to go.
    > But I am unable to delete/uninstall it.
    >
    > Anyone have any idea on what actions to take here? I am desperate to
    > get it up and running asap, as my work depends upon it. ANY help is
    > MUCH appreciated!!!

    Using your Windows XPSP2 CD.
    Do a System File Check.

    Start\Run, and type in...cmd.
    In the command window type... SFC /scannow.
    Feed in the CD, and let it check all system files.
    meerkat, Mar 12, 2007