    work.
    There was no Unlocker for 64bit Windows as fat as I have searched.
    Is there any alternative?

    Cat, Aug 8, 2007

  2. Cat:
    There are some tips here:
    http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/
    (see bottom, on FAQ section) that explain how to make Unlocker work in Vista.
    Don't know whether that includes Vista x64 or not.
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Aug 8, 2007

  3. "Cat" <> wrote in message
    > Unlocker is a freeware that detects which process is holding the file
    > and closes the handle so that the file can be deleted.
    > I have just installed in on Windows Vista 64bit versin, but it didn't
    > work.
    > There was no Unlocker for 64bit Windows as fat as I have searched.
    > Is there any alternative?

    You can use Process Explorer from sysinternals. It has a "Find Handle"
    command that can search for open files and tell you what program has it
    open.

    Michael D'Angelo, Aug 10, 2007
  4. Cat

    heywhat Guest

    I know it's late to respond to this, and I apologize for the bump, but
    just referred to this post elsewhere--and want to return for a courtes
    often forgotten:

    Thanks, "fivengo" for offering an alternative; it saved me time, an
    certainly will for others. Cheers

    --
    heywha
    heywhat's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/91946.ht