Unlimited Calls Packags: Update(d)! - There or nearly there!? - £2/3 per month unlimited price range

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by News Reader, Mar 2, 2007.

  1. News Reader

    News Reader Guest

    Hi,

    I have posted a few times on here about the cheapest unlimited UK landline
    calls packages available (either PSTN or VoIP).

    It appears as I had hoped and largely expeted, the price point on these
    services is starting to improve.

    Current best offers appear to be (and all feedback, experience and thoughts,
    etc. welcomed):

    - Raketu - http://www.raketu.com/ - appears to be offering unlimited calls
    to a bag of approx. 20 international destinations contingent on a nominal
    top-up of $10 (which does not expire provided the account is used for a call
    once every [I seem to recall] six months - a free call counts / is
    sufficient [according to their website]. Usage limits do not appear to apply
    (probably fair use but not the combined "free days" rolling semi-unfree and
    rather restricted 300 minutes type limit or the lottery system of Betamax
    service destination changes and general uncertaintieis / vagaries [such as
    changing T&C's etc.]). This all seems rather good! Unlimited (including UK &
    US and many more), one time top up of $10 [does not expire provide one call
    is made ~ six months {which doesn't not even have to be chargeable}],
    appears to be a "long term" offer rather than fly by night or Betamax
    rolling changes / uncertainty / etc., all round sounds good (have probably
    forgotten some of the other apparent key benefits - but still - I am sure
    some of you can pick me up on them!). Only possible concerns - reality
    factor / is it actually a long-term offer / beta or viable / reliable; have
    to use their softphone [I believe - I think they may be pending hardware
    device / SIP support - and it may be possible to do this manualy oneself
    with sufficient nowse or knowledge, engineering, etc.]

    See: http://www.myvoipprovider.com/Free_VoIP/ for some further information
    (note: they seem to "incorrectly" record Raketu as providing only 120 days
    of expiring credit but Raketu's own site confirms otherwise...? [otherwise
    generaly a great site]

    - Globe 7 - now offering a $4.99 per month unlimited calls package
    including US, UK and 20+ish other international destinations. No credit
    expiry type issues. Quite a big operator, UK company, etc. Apparently it is
    "possible" to use SIP clients / adaptors [see recent newsgroup post
    detailing specific parameters] - allthough this is officially unsuported
    [although may be pending / imminent]. Otherwise, have to use their softphone
    (which whilst kind of interesting and fun probably deserves a warning!)
    [Aside: no guarantees, experience, knowledge {first hand} of the Raketu
    client software either mind - but does sound / seem rather good]

    All in all seeming and sounding quite good & positive - the "sub-£3ish" per
    month unlimited UK calls type packages (longed and hoped for on my pary at
    least!) - and in reality both of these services actually also provide
    ~20ish+ international destinations as well.

    All thoughts, feedback, etc. appreciated.

    Best wishes,

    News Reader

    P.s. Thoughts, etc. of other competing / alternative similarly good value
    and complete (at least unlimited UK landline calls) services welcomed.
    News Reader, Mar 2, 2007

  2. News Reader

    Jono Guest

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Re=3A_Unlimited_Calls_Packags=3A_Update=28?==?ISO-8859-1?Q?d=29!_-_There_or_nearly_there!=3F_-_=A32/3_?==?ISO-8859-1?Q?per_month_unlimited_price_range?=

    News Reader wrote:

    > - Raketu - http://www.raketu.com/ - appears to be offering unlimited calls
    > to a bag of approx. 20 international destinations contingent on a nominal
    > top-up of $10

    I wonder if there's a mistake here....?

    UK-Orange 447891 0.1287
    UK-Orange 44797 0.2035
    Jono, Mar 2, 2007

  3. News Reader

    Jono wrote:
    > News Reader wrote:
    >

    >> - Raketu - http://www.raketu.com/ - appears to be offering unlimited
    >> calls to a bag of approx. 20 international destinations contingent on
    >> a nominal top-up of $10

    > I wonder if there's a mistake here....?
    >
    > UK-Orange 447891 0.1287
    > UK-Orange 44797 0.2035

    and here:

    UK-Vodafone 44777 0.1282
    UK-Vodafone 4477670 0.2035
    Jono, Mar 2, 2007
  4. News Reader

    Guest

    On Fri, 02 Mar 2007 07:29:28 GMT, Jono <>
    wrote:

    >News Reader wrote:
    >

    >> - Raketu - http://www.raketu.com/ - appears to be offering unlimited calls
    >> to a bag of approx. 20 international destinations contingent on a nominal
    >> top-up of $10

    >I wonder if there's a mistake here....?
    >
    >UK-Orange 447891 0.1287
    >UK-Orange 44797 0.2035

    I wonder when Ivor is going to come along saying no advertising here
    no advertising here no advertising here this is a non anything group .
    , Mar 2, 2007
  5. News Reader

    News Reader Guest

    "Jono" <> wrote in message
    > News Reader wrote:
    >

    >> - Raketu - http://www.raketu.com/ - appears to be offering unlimited
    >> calls to a bag of approx. 20 international destinations contingent on a
    >> nominal top-up of $10

    > I wonder if there's a mistake here....?
    >
    > UK-Orange 447891 0.1287
    > UK-Orange 44797 0.2035

    Errmmm.... ssshhhhhhh? [ : - ) lol ]

    Perhaps this is another "bonus" type "feature" of Raketu? Let's not make to
    much noise, to many waves or scare them too much! Their 'may' be some other
    "attractive" entries or rates in their price list!

    Let me know how you or anyone else gets on or if anyone has any experience
    of this provider / any other thoughts, etc. generally?

    Best wishes,

    News Reader
    News Reader, Mar 2, 2007
  6. News Reader

    News Reader Guest

    "News Reader" <> wrote in message

    > "Jono" <> wrote in message
    >> News Reader wrote:
    >>

    >>> - Raketu - http://www.raketu.com/ - appears to be offering unlimited
    >>> calls to a bag of approx. 20 international destinations contingent on a
    >>> nominal top-up of $10

    >> I wonder if there's a mistake here....?
    >>
    >> UK-Orange 447891 0.1287
    >> UK-Orange 44797 0.2035

    > Errmmm.... ssshhhhhhh? [ : - ) lol ]
    >

    > Perhaps this is another "bonus" type "feature" of Raketu? Let's not make
    > to much noise, to many waves or scare them too much! Their 'may' be some
    > other "attractive" entries or rates in their price list!
    >

    > Let me know how you or anyone else gets on or if anyone has any experience
    > of this provider / any other thoughts, etc. generally?
    >

    > Best wishes,
    >

    > News Reader

    Only joking (apart from the sssshhhh bit - which I mean in a kind of fun and
    light hearted jokey yet serious way too anyhow!).... I am sure Raketu are
    just great and I think / hope they run a very admirable service and I
    believe they operate their tariff in a very good and positive and
    competitive way - good for you Raketu :)

    Best wisehs,

    News Reader
    News Reader, Mar 2, 2007
  7. On Fri, 02 Mar 2007 11:37:01 +0000, wrote:

    >I wonder when Ivor is going to come along saying no advertising here
    >no advertising here no advertising here this is a non anything group .

    It might be better if you were to just piss off out of this group.
    Herman the German, Mar 2, 2007
  8. News Reader

    Guest

    On Fri, 02 Mar 2007 16:49:29 +0000, Herman the German
    <> wrote:

    >On Fri, 02 Mar 2007 11:37:01 +0000, wrote:
    >
    >>I wonder when Ivor is going to come along saying no advertising here
    >>no advertising here no advertising here this is a non anything group .

    >It might be better if you were to just piss off out of this group.

    Another un educated person I see who just has to resort to vulgar
    language when he needs to say something .
    And for your information and in answer to your suggestion the answer
    is NO I will not go away NEVER WILL I subscribed to this group long
    before most people had ever even heard of it . If there is any going
    away to be done YOU go away and good ridden's .
    Happy now .
    , Mar 2, 2007
  9. News Reader

    Brian A Guest

    On Fri, 2 Mar 2007 13:01:30 -0000, "News Reader" <>
    wrote:

    >"News Reader" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Jono" <> wrote in message

    >>> I wonder if there's a mistake here....?
    >>>
    >>> UK-Orange 447891 0.1287
    >>> UK-Orange 44797 0.2035

    >> Errmmm.... ssshhhhhhh? [ : - ) lol ]
    >>

    >> Perhaps this is another "bonus" type "feature" of Raketu? Let's not make
    >> to much noise, to many waves or scare them too much! Their 'may' be some
    >> other "attractive" entries or rates in their price list!
    >>

    >> Let me know how you or anyone else gets on or if anyone has any experience
    >> of this provider / any other thoughts, etc. generally?

    I checked out the rates....their site does not work in Firefox. I had
    to invoke IE tab. All sites should work, at the very least in Firefox,
    IE6 and IE7 and if possible Safari.
    raketu.com TAKE NOTE!!

    >> News Reader

    >Only joking (apart from the sssshhhh bit - which I mean in a kind of fun and
    >light hearted jokey yet serious way too anyhow!).... I am sure Raketu are
    >just great and I think / hope they run a very admirable service and I
    >believe they operate their tariff in a very good and positive and
    >competitive way - good for you Raketu :)
    >

    >Best wisehs,
    >

    >News Reader

    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
    Brian A, Mar 2, 2007
  10. News Reader

    Brian A Guest

    After a perusal of the site I see that it is P-P - not SIP.
    So, not of immediate interest to me but may be useful if I find
    myself in a situation where I can only use a PC to call out.

    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
    Brian A, Mar 2, 2007
  11. On Fri, 02 Mar 2007 17:45:12 +0000, wrote:

    >Another un educated person I see who just has to resort to vulgar

    Funny, how I know how to spell uneducated.

    >is NO I will not go away NEVER WILL I subscribed to this group long
    >before most people had ever even heard of it .

    Funny, I though Ivor, who you seem to have an unreasonable vendetta
    against, started this group and was definitely here before most
    people.

    >If there is any going
    >away to be done YOU go away and good ridden's .

    I don't thinks so. Ron, Clavox or Dexter, whatever your preface your
    this weeks inane drivel with, I will be sitting on your shoulder
    watching your total stupidity.

    >Happy now .

    Extremely. Just keep on demonstrating your complete ineptitude to all.
    A great basis for credibility.

    Your opinion is worth didly-squat.
    Herman the German, Mar 2, 2007
  12. News Reader

    Guest

    =?iso-8859-1?q?Re:_Unlimited_Calls_Packags:_Update(d)!_-_There_or_nearly_there!=3F_-_=A32/3_per_month_unlimited_price_range?=

    On Mar 2, 2:29 pm, Brian A <> wrote:
    > On Fri, 2 Mar 2007 13:01:30 -0000, "News Reader" <>
    > wrote:
    >

    > >"News Reader" <> wrote in message

    > >> "Jono" <> wrote in message

    > >> Errmmm.... ssshhhhhhh? [ : - ) lol ]

    > >> Perhaps this is another "bonus" type "feature" ofRaketu? Let's not make
    > >> to much noise, to many waves or scare them too much! Their 'may' be some
    > >> other "attractive" entries or rates in their price list!

    > >> Let me know how you or anyone else gets on or if anyone has any experience
    > >> of this provider / any other thoughts, etc. generally?

    > I checked out the rates....their site does not work in Firefox. I had
    > to invoke IE tab. All sites should work, at the very least in Firefox,
    > IE6 and IE7 and if possible Safari.raketu.com TAKE NOTE!!
    >

    > >> News Reader

    > >Only joking (apart from the sssshhhh bit - which I mean in a kind of fun and
    > >light hearted jokey yet serious way too anyhow!).... I am sureRaketuare
    > >just great and I think / hope they run a very admirable service and I
    > >believe they operate their tariff in a very good and positive and
    > >competitive way - good for youRaketu:)

    > >Best wisehs,

    > >News Reader

    > Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.- Hide quoted text -

    Hello All,

    Raketu website works on all the explorer including FIREFOX, we have
    tested that in our lab. Incase some of you have any issue loading the
    Raketu website on FireFox please email our support team at

    Regards

    Raketu Team
    , Mar 2, 2007
  13. News Reader

    On Mar 2, 5:43 pm, wrote:
    > On Mar 2, 2:29 pm, Brian A <> wrote:
    >

    > > On Fri, 2 Mar 2007 13:01:30 -0000, "News Reader" <>
    > > wrote:

    > > >"News Reader" <> wrote in message

    > > I checked out the rates....their site does not work in Firefox. I had
    > > to invoke IE tab. All sites should work, at the very least in Firefox,
    > > IE6 and IE7 and if possible Safari.raketu.com TAKE NOTE!!

    > > >Only joking (apart from the sssshhhh bit - which I mean in a kind of fun and
    > > >light hearted jokey yet serious way too anyhow!).... I am sureRaketuare
    > > >just great and I think / hope they run a very admirable service and I
    > > >believe they operate their tariff in a very good and positive and
    > > >competitive way - good for youRaketu:)

    > > >Best wisehs,

    > > >News Reader

    > > Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.- Hide quoted text -

    > Hello All,
    >
    > Raketuwebsite works on all the explorer including FIREFOX, we have
    > tested that in our lab. Incase some of you have any issue loading theRaketuwebsite on FireFox please email our support team at
    >

    > Regards
    >
    > RaketuTeam- Hide quoted text -

    Hello All,

    Raketu offers Free calling to over 42 countries/locations NO LIMIT. To
    correct mistaken information,(check the table on http://www.myvoipprovider.com/Free_VoIP/)
    If you do not use any of Raketu paid services for 180 days from the
    very last time you used it, you might lose the credit in your account.
    HOWEVER, Even just a FREE phone call to landline/mobile is considered
    using the service. therefore even if you make a call which is for FREE
    YOUR ACCOUNT CREDIT DOES NOT GET DEDECTED. Please check FAQ section on
    our website http://www.raketu.com/en/credit-expire.php.

    Regards

    Raketu Team
    , Mar 2, 2007
  14. News Reader

    News Reader Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > On Mar 2, 5:43 pm, wrote:
    >> On Mar 2, 2:29 pm, Brian A <> wrote:

    >> > I checked out the rates....their site does not work in Firefox. I had
    >> > to invoke IE tab. All sites should work, at the very least in Firefox,
    >> > IE6 and IE7 and if possible Safari.raketu.com TAKE NOTE!!

    >> > Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.- Hide quoted text -

    >> Hello All,
    >>
    >> Raketuwebsite works on all the explorer including FIREFOX, we have
    >> tested that in our lab. Incase some of you have any issue loading
    >> theRaketuwebsite on FireFox please email our support team at
    >>

    >> Regards
    >>
    >> RaketuTeam- Hide quoted text -

    > Hello All,
    >
    > Raketu offers Free calling to over 42 countries/locations NO LIMIT. To
    > correct mistaken information,(check the table on
    > http://www.myvoipprovider.com/Free_VoIP/)
    > If you do not use any of Raketu paid services for 180 days from the
    > very last time you used it, you might lose the credit in your account.
    > HOWEVER, Even just a FREE phone call to landline/mobile is considered
    > using the service. therefore even if you make a call which is for FREE
    > YOUR ACCOUNT CREDIT DOES NOT GET DEDECTED. Please check FAQ section on
    > our website http://www.raketu.com/en/credit-expire.php.
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > Raketu Team

    Hi,

    Lovely to see a representative communication / voice here from Raketu... :)

    Please can you provide any / some confirmation concerning use of your
    services with SIP hardware devices or alternative soft-phones (e.g. X-Tens
    X-Lite). Please also advise, if you presently do not support or permit this
    (by which I particularly mean letting people know log-on details such as
    server name / address, etc. - even if you do not officially support this or
    tell customers that only those using your own softphone will be supported),
    if you plan to allow this in the future (and when)?

    Many thanks. Again great to see your service, have your input here and I
    look forward to hopefully becoming a customer shortly (note: the SIP support
    is quite an important mater, I would almost certainly use your software
    anyhow for its instant messenger and other functions anyhow but probably
    not, at least primarily for the phone service side).

    Lastly, could you also please confirm if your current tariff structure /
    service / etc. is promotional, temporary or beta or permanent / long-term
    ( > 1.5 years) (i.e. the list of free destinations, the prices, the free
    call programme, the credit expiry terms, etc., etc.).

    Best wishes,

    News Reader
    News Reader, Mar 3, 2007