    Get Ahead of the Curve
    Just a <CLICK> Away
    www.webstar101.com/?292/

    Mark, Jun 19, 2004

  2. Mark

    °Mike° Guest

    Adware.Winpup
    http://sarc.com/avcenter/venc/data/adware.winpup.html

    Spybot Search & Destroy
    http://spybot.eon.net.au/
    http://www.safer-networking.org/
    http://spybot.safer-networking.de/
    SpyBot S&D guide

    Ad-Aware
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
    http://www.lavasoft.nu/

    Spyware Blaster

    CWShredder (CoolWebSearch remover)

    On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 07:27:20 -0500, in
    <>
    Mark scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jun 19, 2004

  3. Mark

    ~S~ Guest

    I would say use AdAware. It is updateable, and catches tons of crud
    spyware/malware.

    Any of these others any good?

    ~S~

    ~S~, Jun 19, 2004
  4. Mark

    °Mike° Guest

    On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 12:45:49 -0400, in
    <45_Ac.124227$>
    ~S~ scrawled:

    >I would say use AdAware.

    Read my reply again.

    >It is updateable, and catches tons of crud spyware/malware.
    >
    >Any of these others any good?

    I wouldn't recommend them if they weren't; they
    all should be used as an all-round solution.

    >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    >> Adware.Winpup
    >> http://sarc.com/avcenter/venc/data/adware.winpup.html
    >>

    >> Download, update and use *all* of the following:
    >>
    >> Spybot Search & Destroy
    >> http://spybot.eon.net.au/
    >> http://www.safer-networking.org/
    >> http://spybot.safer-networking.de/
    >> SpyBot S&D guide
    >> http://www.chem.wisc.edu/~network/spybot/
    >>
    >> Ad-Aware
    >> http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
    >> http://www.lavasoft.nu/
    >>
    >> Spyware Blaster
    >> http://www.wilderssecurity.net/spywareblaster.html
    >> http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html
    >> http://www.net-integration.net/tools/spywareblaster.html
    >>
    >> CWShredder (CoolWebSearch remover)
    >> http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/cwschronicles.html
    >> http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/files/cwshredder.zip

    <snip>

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jun 19, 2004
  5. Mark

    ProfGene Guest

    Have you run a virus scan because I remember that some viruses are named
    like that with long numbers?

    ProfGene, Jun 19, 2004
  6. Mark

    ~S~ Guest

    > >I would say use AdAware.

    > Read my reply again.

    wellll just seems like overkill to me. I know people who get a funny look
    in their eye when you simply
    mention 'downloading'.

    Have a proper backup image of your system in place, update your antivirus
    and windows update, use good firewall (i use sygate pro), use a Mailwasher
    program, leave that crap on your server. and run adaware or such once in a
    blue. My isp recently deployed their own spamware, and it seems to be
    working,.

    I download like a fiend and RARELY RARELY RARELY do I ever get infected,
    etc. If I do I either clean (works 90% of the time, and takes 10 minutes of
    my precious life).

    Besides, most of the stuff I've learned about how pc's work has been learned
    when shit went wrong, so I kinda like those experiences.

    Being a whiner gets ya nowhere. Gets you trolled.

    I'm not saying don't protect, I'm just sayin using all that spyware
    detection is not a great way to do it. You have all those sysmons
    running all the time bound to slow you down even on a fast pc.

    > I wouldn't recommend them if they weren't; they
    > all should be used as an all-round solution.

    Fair enough, and don't get me wrong, seems like good stuff.

    But as far as a recommendation, well, you take those on the net with a grain
    of salt dontcha?
    Pleased to meet you.

    ~S~

    ~S~, Jun 19, 2004
  7. Mark

    °Mike° Guest

    On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 15:57:54 -0400, in
    <8V0Bc.127306$>
    ~S~ scrawled:

    >> >I would say use AdAware.

    >> Read my reply again.
    >>

    >wellll just seems like overkill to me.

    Not overkill at all. They all do different things.

    >I know people who get a funny look in their eye when you simply
    >mention 'downloading'.

    It depends on WHAT you download and install that
    makes overkill.

    >Have a proper backup image of your system in place, update
    >your antivirus and windows update, use good firewall (i use
    >sygate pro), use a Mailwasher program, leave that crap on
    >your server. and run adaware or such once in a blue. My isp
    >recently deployed their own spamware, and it seems to be
    >working,.

    The OP is already INFECTED, or hadn't you noticed that? And please
    don't say "all the more reason for the above, blah, blah, blah...."

    >I download like a fiend

    So you get a lot of funny looks, then?

    >and RARELY RARELY RARELY do I ever get infected, etc. If I
    >do I either clean (works 90% of the time, and takes 10 minutes
    >of my precious life).

    You've obviously never come across CoolWebSearch hijacker,
    then, or some insidious keylogger/trojan. Who knows, you
    could be infected now, and not know about it.

    >Besides, most of the stuff I've learned about how pc's work
    >has been learned when shit went wrong, so I kinda like
    >those experiences.

    Well there's a contradiction. Oh, maybe not; maybe
    you know Jack Schitt, seeing as most of what you
    know come from "RARELY RARELY RARELY" experience.

    >Being a whiner gets ya nowhere. Gets you trolled.

    Then why are you whining?

    >I'm not saying don't protect, I'm just sayin using all
    >that spyware detection is not a great way to do it.

    Hmmm! I suppose your way is to wait for the funny
    looks, and if you get enough, you must be infected,
    yes?

    >You have all those sysmons

    "sysmons"? <Boggle!>

    >running all the time bound to slow you down even on a fast pc.

    Not one of those programs are resident monitors,
    save for ONE FEATURE of SpyBot S&D; a BHO that
    is ONLY active within Internet Explorer.

    >> I wouldn't recommend them if they weren't; they
    >> all should be used as an all-round solution.

    >Fair enough, and don't get me wrong, seems like good stuff.

    They are, and they're all free.

    >But as far as a recommendation, well, you take those on the
    >net with a grain of salt dontcha?

    When thousands of satisfied customers all recommend the
    same thing/s, you can be pretty certain that there's
    something in it/them.

    >Pleased to meet you.

    You haven't met me; I don't exist.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jun 19, 2004
  8. Mark

    ~S~ Guest

    Yup
    The funny look those peeps get in their eye comes from being paranoid,
    uninformed, and neurotic
    whats your excuse?
    I think I pegged you right.
    Self-important to the core.

    > The OP is already INFECTED, or hadn't you noticed that? And please
    > don't say "all the more reason for the above, blah, blah, blah...."

    all the more reason for the above, blah, blah, blah....

    > So you get a lot of funny looks, then?

    yes
    make me laugh, kinda like you

    > You've obviously never come across CoolWebSearch hijacker,
    > then, or some insidious keylogger/trojan. Who knows, you
    > could be infected now, and not know about it.

    I've used them
    I check my viewability, I'm okay Jack.
    Plus, I keep my important stuff on external drives, usb, that shut off.
    If I get a virus (I have, who hasn't?) I go to my previous image.

    > >Besides, most of the stuff I've learned about how pc's work
    > >has been learned when shit went wrong, so I kinda like
    > >those experiences.

    > Well there's a contradiction. Oh, maybe not; maybe
    > you know Jack Schitt, seeing as most of what you
    > know come from "RARELY RARELY RARELY" experience.

    You should be a lawyer, you argue the vapid points like the digital tiger
    that you is...

    > >Being a whiner gets ya nowhere. Gets you trolled.

    > Then why are you whining?

    you is kinda funny

    > >I'm not saying don't protect, I'm just sayin using all
    > >that spyware detection is not a great way to do it.

    > Hmmm! I suppose your way is to wait for the funny
    > looks, and if you get enough, you must be infected,
    > yes?

    You really are a picky little piece of cuntmeat aintcha?

    > >You have all those sysmons

    > "sysmons"? <Boggle!>

    system monitors
    do the math brainwave

    > >running all the time bound to slow you down even on a fast pc.

    > Not one of those programs are resident monitors,
    > save for ONE FEATURE of SpyBot S&D; a BHO that
    > is ONLY active within Internet Explorer.

    I stand corrected
    I don't pretend to know everything
    Unlike my godlike friends on the net, like you
    pleased to meet you, Daytripper

    > >> I wouldn't recommend them if they weren't; they
    > >> all should be used as an all-round solution.

    > >Fair enough, and don't get me wrong, seems like good stuff.

    > They are, and they're all free.
    >
    > >But as far as a recommendation, well, you take those on the
    > >net with a grain of salt dontcha?

    I meant you're a fart

    > When thousands of satisfied customers all recommend the
    > same thing/s, you can be pretty certain that there's
    > something in it/them.
    >
    > >Pleased to meet you.

    > You haven't met me; I don't exist.

    You mean you're wasted space?

    this page is for retards

    ~S~, Jun 20, 2004
  9. Mark

    °Mike° Guest

    On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 20:13:23 -0400, in
    <FE4Bc.136364$>
    ~S~ scrawled:

    >Yup
    >The funny look those peeps get in their eye comes from being
    >paranoid, uninformed, and neurotic

    Whereas yours comes from natural idiocy.

    >whats your excuse?

    I don't offer excuses.

    >I think I pegged you right.
    >Self-important to the core.

    So you're just another fool who resorts to typecasting

    >> The OP is already INFECTED, or hadn't you noticed that? And please
    >> don't say "all the more reason for the above, blah, blah, blah...."

    >all the more reason for the above, blah, blah, blah....

    Well, at least you could have come up with something
    original. YAWN!

    >> So you get a lot of funny looks, then?

    >yes
    >make me laugh, kinda like you

    I have a question. Can you talk using proper sentences,
    because you can't write them?

    >> You've obviously never come across CoolWebSearch hijacker,
    >> then, or some insidious keylogger/trojan. Who knows, you
    >> could be infected now, and not know about it.

    >I've used them
    >I check my viewability, I'm okay Jack.

    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

    >Plus, I keep my important stuff on external drives, usb, that
    >shut off. If I get a virus (I have, who hasn't?)

    I haven't.

    <snip>

    >> Well there's a contradiction. Oh, maybe not; maybe
    >> you know Jack Schitt, seeing as most of what you
    >> know come from "RARELY RARELY RARELY" experience.

    >You should be a lawyer, you argue the vapid points like the
    >digital tiger that you is...

    "are..."

    <snip>

    >> Then why are you whining?

    >you is kinda funny

    "You are". And you're not.

    <snip>

    >> Hmmm! I suppose your way is to wait for the funny
    >> looks, and if you get enough, you must be infected,
    >> yes?

    >You really are a picky little piece of cuntmeat aintcha?

    Ooooh, did you make that up without any help from mommy?
    Or were you abused as a child?

    >> >You have all those sysmons

    >> "sysmons"? <Boggle!>

    >system monitors
    >do the math brainwave

    I know what sysmons means, idiot ... you obviously
    don't. WHOOOOOOOOOSH!

    >> >running all the time bound to slow you down even on a fast pc.

    >> Not one of those programs are resident monitors,
    >> save for ONE FEATURE of SpyBot S&D; a BHO that
    >> is ONLY active within Internet Explorer.

    >I stand corrected

    Maybe there's hope for you, after all.

    >I don't pretend to know everything

    Neither do I.

    >Unlike my godlike friends

    You have friends? I AM surprised.

    > on the net, like you
    >pleased to meet you, Daytripper

    AH! I see. Anybody you "meet" is your friend.
    That explains a whole lot.

    <snip>

    >> >But as far as a recommendation, well, you take those on the
    >> >net with a grain of salt dontcha?

    >I meant you're a fart

    Why are you insulting yourself? Lost all of your
    make-believe friends?

    <snip>

    >> >Pleased to meet you.

    >> You haven't met me; I don't exist.

    >You mean you're wasted space?

    As far as you're concerned, yes.

    >http://uk.geocities.com/personel44/maintenance.html
    >
    >this page is for retards

    I'm glad you found it of some help. Yes, maybe there
    really IS hope for you, yet.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jun 20, 2004
  10. Mark

    °Mike° Guest

    Interpretation: "I can't think of anything to say in
    reply to °Mike°, so I'll reply to the troll instead".

    On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 02:17:01 -0400, in
    <zZ9Bc.186789$>
    ~S~ scrawled:

    >yawn
    >
    >he's kinda windy too

    <snip>

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jun 20, 2004
  11. Mark

    Boomer Guest

    °Mike° wrote:

    > So you're just another fool who resorts to typecasting

    "Here's you talking about headers ... check them; you're
    feeding a troll."

    Boomer, Jun 20, 2004