    it?

    --
    Registered Linux User #267152

    JTJersey, May 13, 2007

  2. JTJersey

    Jimbo Guest

    "JTJersey" <> wrote in message
    news:xbM1i.9192$...
    > I've got an Asus A7A266 motherboard I've been wanting to use as a test
    > bed for memory chips. This particular board can use either SDRAM or
    > DDRAM. I can't get to the BIOS however. Whenever I turn it on all I get
    > is a "00" code and a repetitive 2 second beep. I've swapped a half dozen
    > different graphics cards, memory chips and three different AMD processors
    > with no change. Just the repeating long 2 second beep. None of my
    > references mention this code. Any experienced techs out there recognize
    > it?
    >
    > --
    > Registered Linux User #267152

    Did you try to reset the BIOS? There should be a jumper on the mobo that you
    can move to the reset position.
    What type of BIOS does it have? There are many URL's you can google that
    tell what the codes indicate depending on what BIOS you have, Phoenix,
    Award, etc..

    Jimbo, May 14, 2007

  3. JTJersey

    John A Guest

    "JTJersey" <> wrote in message
    > I've got an Asus A7A266 motherboard......

    > Just the repeating long 2 second beep. None of my
    > references mention this code. Any experienced techs out there recognize
    > it?

    From the A7N266 manual:

    "No DRAM installed or detected"

    John A, May 14, 2007
  4. JTJersey

    JTJersey Guest

    On Mon, 14 May 2007 07:07:44 +0100, John A wrote:

    > "JTJersey" <> wrote in message
    >> I've got an Asus A7A266 motherboard......

    >> Just the repeating long 2 second beep. None of my references mention
    >> this code. Any experienced techs out there recognize it?
    >>

    > From the A7N266 manual:
    >
    > "No DRAM installed or detected"

    Hmmm. Not good. I've tried several types of known to work memory
    chips. Maybe I'm missing a setting on the board. Haven't been able to
    get into the BIOS so not much I can do there. Thanks. Something to
    think about.

    --
    Registered Linux User #267152

    JTJersey, May 15, 2007
  5. JTJersey

    John A Guest

    "JTJersey" <> wrote in message

    > > From the A7N266 manual:
    > >
    > > "No DRAM installed or detected"

    > Hmmm. Not good. I've tried several types of known to work memory
    > chips. Maybe I'm missing a setting on the board. Haven't been able to
    > get into the BIOS so not much I can do there. Thanks. Something to
    > think about.
    >
    > --
    > Registered Linux User #267152

    Do bear in mind that my mobo is an "N", not an "A", so the message might not
    be applicable! I just thought that the info might help. The BIOS on my A7N,
    BTW is a Phoenix Award BIOS. If yours is, too, then the info might well
    apply. Good Luck.

    John A, May 16, 2007