    results.

    Anyone know where I can find info about it?

    Ferg

    Ferg, Nov 18, 2004

  2. Ferg

    Ferg Guest

    "Ferg" <garblednonsense> wrote in message news:419d2584$1_1@127.0.0.1...
    >A friend brought round her old computer. She wants to get it going for her
    >kids. She needs a HDD for it. So she wants to ID the motherboard.
    >
    > It says, "MS5317 Ver.1" between the ISA slots. I tried googling this with
    > no results.

    Ummm... Whoops. MS5137

    Found it now.

    Embarassment.

    Ferg

    Ferg, Nov 18, 2004

  3. Ferg

    Sharknwfk Guest

    Hi mate,

    MS is a Microstar motherboard, I believe.

    http://www.msicomputer.com/

    --
    Sharknwfk

    Sharknwfk, Nov 18, 2004
  4. Ferg

    Rider Guest

    "Ferg" <garblednonsense> wrote in message news:419d2584$1_1@127.0.0.1...
    >A friend brought round her old computer. She wants to get it going for her
    >kids. She needs a HDD for it. So she wants to ID the motherboard.
    >
    > It says, "MS5317 Ver.1" between the ISA slots. I tried googling this with
    > no results.
    >
    > Anyone know where I can find info about it?
    >
    > Ferg

    Interesting ... its a MSI model number but no Google info. Odd.

    Rider, Nov 18, 2004
  5. In article <419d2584$1_1@127.0.0.1> in nz.comp on Fri, 19 Nov 2004
    11:53:29 +1300, <"Ferg" <garblednonsense>> says...
    > A friend brought round her old computer. She wants to get it going for her
    > kids. She needs a HDD for it. So she wants to ID the motherboard.
    >
    > It says, "MS5317 Ver.1" between the ISA slots. I tried googling this with no
    > results.
    >
    > Anyone know where I can find info about it?

    MSI 5317 more likely, they make motherboards for some OEMs

    Patrick Dunford, Nov 19, 2004