    range FFB80000 FFBFFFFF ??

    Thanks
    Paul
    Zën, Jul 1, 2003

  2. Zën

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Errrrr...erm... Zën said:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I have just installed Win98 Se onto an old machine I've got. When I go into
    > Device Manager, I can see an unknown device with a yellow exclamation mark.
    > I would like to get the pc set up properly, but don't know how I go about
    > fathoming out what this device is and installing it properly. Any clues
    > appreciated. If it helps, the devices properties says it is using memery
    > range FFB80000 FFBFFFFF ??
    >
    > Thanks
    > Paul

    Delete the entry, next time you boot you will probably have it try to install
    again, but at least you will have an idea what is trying to install.
    Brian H¹©, Jul 1, 2003

  3. Zën

    Jimchip Guest

    On Tue, 1 Jul 2003 17:10:03 +0000 (UTC), Zën wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have just installed Win98 Se onto an old machine I've got. When I go into
    > Device Manager, I can see an unknown device with a yellow exclamation mark.
    > I would like to get the pc set up properly, but don't know how I go about
    > fathoming out what this device is and installing it properly. Any clues
    > appreciated. If it helps, the devices properties says it is using memery
    > range FFB80000 FFBFFFFF ??

    Is that memory range shown in the BIOS anywhere?

    One thing to try is the process of elimination- What devices (modem, video,
    etc) do you have vs. what is missing in the Device Manager list?

    You could also try Aida32 http://www.aida32.hu/ or
    Belarc Advisor: http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html or
    CPU-Z: http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php

    And see what they come up with.

    (lifted from /. Posted by jamie.)
    Jimchip, Jul 1, 2003
  4. Zën

    Buffalo Guest

    Boot into Safe Mode and go into Device Manager.
    Delete the Unknown Device in there.
    While you're in there, check for duplicates and, if found, delete them. (if
    there are doubles, delete both; if triple, delete all three)
    Reboot to Normal ? Windows and watch your screen.

    Buffalo, Jul 1, 2003