unknown device in device manager

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by =?Utf-8?B?U0FORw==?=, Sep 5, 2007.

  1. How to find unknown device in device manager

    =?Utf-8?B?U0FORw==?=, Sep 5, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?U0FORw==?=

    Jud Hendrix Guest

    On Tue, 4 Sep 2007 23:56:01 -0700, SANG <>
    wrote:

    >How to find unknown device in device manager

    It's marked with a big yellow question-mark.

    jud

    Jud Hendrix, Sep 5, 2007

  3. Sang:
    I guess your question is "How do I find a driver for an unknown device in
    Device Manager"?
    If it is so, tell us more about your PC
    1.- Motherboard make, model
    2.- Plug-in cards
    3.- Plug-in USB devices
    4.- Operating system
    5.- Did you assemble your PC by yourself or buy it from a supplier, and when?
    Then we can start figuring out what is your unknown device

    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Sep 5, 2007
  4. Sometimes, this could be an internal Motherboard function that you are not
    using - turn everything off (disable!) in the BIOS that you know you are not
    using - your machine may boot faster too, as a result. If you don't have the
    manual, you can usually download it from the manufacturer's site, and read
    about all the options and functions in your BIOS.

    If this is the case, the entry in Device Manager will go away.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Sep 5, 2007
  5. =?Utf-8?B?U0FORw==?=

    Dennis Pack Guest

    Sang:
    If you have a Creative sound card with a game port it will show-up
    as an unknown device. Have a great day.

    --
    Dennis Pack
    XP x64 SP2, Vista Enterprise x64

    Dennis Pack, Sep 5, 2007
  6. Hi, Dennis:
    The MIDI port would also show up as unknown both in XP x64 and Vista x64.
    How have you been doing lately?
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Sep 5, 2007
  7. =?Utf-8?B?U0FORw==?=

    Dennis Pack Guest

    Carlos:
    Thank you for catching the MIDI port in the bios that I forgot. I'm
    still working part-time with no energy. In two weeks I have another cat-scan
    and may be able to go back to work full-time. Have a great day.

    Dennis Pack, Sep 7, 2007
  8. =?Utf-8?B?U0FORw==?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Thanks for the update Dennis, I have missed your posts. Sorry to hear you
    have no energy. That surely will make working full time more arduous. Good
    luck with the cat-scan.
    Hope Colin drops back in again also.

    John Barnes, Sep 7, 2007
  9. =?Utf-8?B?U0FORw==?=

    Dennis Pack Guest

    John:
    I agree with you about missing Colin. My youngest son defines my lack of
    energy as being from being too old. My answer to him is that it will take
    more work and luck for him to get this far if he keeps it up. He may be
    partially right since I'm over 60 years old. Have a great day.

    Dennis Pack, Sep 8, 2007