  1. Donald

    Donald Guest

    Chould someone tell me what this is and or does?
    Donald, Aug 12, 2005

  2. Donald

    Guest

    "Donald" <> wrote:

    |>Chould someone tell me what this is and or does?

    |> begin 664 secret
    |>M268@>6]U(&-A;B!R96%D('1H:7,L('EO=2!A<F4@=&]O(&-L;W-E+@I$;VXL
    |>M('-T;W`@=7-I;F<@9V]O9VQE+@I+=6YG($9O;VPL($YI8V4@26UA9V4N"E1O
    |>G('1H92!D96-O9&5R('1H870@9V]T('1H:7,N("!';V]D($IO8BX*
    |>`
    |>end

    It says:
    If you can read this, you are too close.
    Don, stop using google.
    Kung Fool, Nice Image.
    To the decoder that got this. Good Job.

    I got an atta boy :)))

    --

    Ten years of the internet http://tinyurl.com/7cjue
    , Aug 12, 2005

  3. Donald

    Donald Guest

    Thank you :)

    Donald, Aug 12, 2005
  4. Donald

    why? Guest

    On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 12:13:03 -0500, Donald wrote:

    >Chould someone tell me what this is and or does?

    simple uuencoded text.

    begin .... end - fairly obvious.

    664 - Unix file permissions.
    http://simplythebest.net/info/unix/unix_permissions.html

    rw-/rw-/r--
    groups of 3 for owner , group and other

    secret - filename.

    > begin 664 secret
    >M268@>6]U(&-A;B!R96%D('1H:7,L('EO=2!A<F4@=&]O(&-L;W-E+@I$;VXL
    >M('-T;W`@=7-I;F<@9V]O9VQE+@I+=6YG($9O;VPL($YI8V4@26UA9V4N"E1O
    >G('1H92!D96-O9&5R('1H870@9V]T('1H:7,N("!';V]D($IO8BX*
    >`
    >end

    Search www.google.com for uuencode or try

    http://www.winzip.com/uuencode.htm

    the how an why
    http://email.about.com/library/weekly/aa091001a.htm

    Me
    why?, Aug 12, 2005
  5. Donald

    Martik Guest

    "Donald" <> wrote in message
    > Chould someone tell me what this is and or does?
    >
    > begin 664 secret
    > M268@>6]U(&-A;B!R96%D('1H:7,L('EO=2!A<F4@=&]O(&-L;W-E+@I$;VXL
    > M('-T;W`@=7-I;F<@9V]O9VQE+@I+=6YG($9O;VPL($YI8V4@26UA9V4N"E1O
    > G('1H92!D96-O9&5R('1H870@9V]T('1H:7,N("!';V]D($IO8BX*
    > `
    > end

    110 110 100
    Martik, Aug 12, 2005
  6. Blinky the Shark, Aug 12, 2005
  7. Donald

    Seatoller Guest

    On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 12:13:03 -0500, Donald wrote:

    > Chould someone tell me what this is and or does?
    >
    > begin 664 secret
    > M268@>6]U(&-A;B!R96%D('1H:7,L('EO=2!A<F4@=&]O(&-L;W-E+@I$;VXL
    > M('-T;W`@=7-I;F<@9V]O9VQE+@I+=6YG($9O;VPL($YI8V4@26UA9V4N"E1O
    > G('1H92!D96-O9&5R('1H870@9V]T('1H:7,N("!';V]D($IO8BX* `
    > end

    It's a UUEncoded attachment.
    The 'begin' bug is a well known bug that screws up Outhouse Excess. In OE
    you can trigger this behaviour with just writing begin and two spaces
    after it. OE will then render the rest of the mail as a uuencoded
    attachment.
    "This is the bug I am using to get your attention that you are using
    software that is severely broken on the Usenet and elsewhere."

    Apparently it's been fixed in XP SP2, but it's taken MS a hell of a long
    time to get round to it.
    Seatoller, Aug 12, 2005