Universal Tech Support scam

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Graham., Jul 27, 2013.

  1. Graham.

    Graham. Guest

    Anyone here up for wasting the time of Indian "tech support" scammers?

    There was a spam posting from these parasites on uk.d-i-y this
    afternoon, in a slight departure from the M.O. they gave their phone
    number for people who think their computer is infected to call them.
    Oh and it's a UK 0808 number. 0808 168 3479

    My lad, who is a bit of an actor volunteered to try it out, I thought
    it would be amusing to post the result, and also the incoming call
    that was routed to the time wasting recording in my Astrisk box.

    http://snd.sc/13lBojy

    http://snd.sc/13OKZDK

    --
    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%
    Graham., Jul 27, 2013

  2. Graham.

    Guest

    On Saturday, July 27, 2013 7:29:11 PM UTC+1, Graham. wrote:
    > Anyone here up for wasting the time of Indian "tech support" scammers?
    > There was a spam posting from these parasites on uk.d-i-y this
    > afternoon, in a slight departure from the M.O. they gave their phone
    > number for people who think their computer is infected to call them.
    > Oh and it's a UK 0808 number. 0808 168 3479

    Is that
    Universal Tech Support Headquarters
    0808 168 3479
    38 Wraysbury Gardens, Staines, Middlesex, TW18 4US

    ?

    Owain
    , Aug 17, 2013