    boot floppy disk which I keep reading about , but nobody really says HOW????

    I have RawWrite for windows to burn the image, Now I just need to find the
    right image on the Knoppix Cd or website.

    don, Dec 18, 2007

  2. don

    why? Guest

    On Tue, 18 Dec 2007 08:05:42 -0500, don wrote:

    >I'm running Live Knoppix and have it running on one computer that is
    >bootable from the CD rom, but my other computer is not. How do I make this

    Not bootable from CD or you don't have a CD boot option in the BIOS. If
    the 1st then get a new CD/DVD ROM that boots from CD.

    I thought this was on the Knoppix site, was browsing for something last
    night and saw the boot floppy bit in passing.

    >boot floppy disk which I keep reading about , but nobody really says HOW????

    If you have the CD and it's like many distros, the img files (floppy or
    network boot) are on the CD/DVD you already have.

    You may want to wait a few seconds while I paste the text below .......

    >I have RawWrite for windows to burn the image, Now I just need to find the
    >right image on the Knoppix Cd or website.

    http://www.knopper.net/knoppix-info/index-en.html
    How is KNOPPIX started?
    You can create this disk from the image in KNOPPIX/boot.img on the CD.

    BTW I haven't opened the packet on my desk with a Knoppix 5.1.1 to check
    this.

    Me

    why?, Dec 18, 2007

  3. don

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    don wrote:
    > I'm running Live Knoppix and have it running on one computer that is
    > bootable from the CD rom, but my other computer is not. How do I make this
    > boot floppy disk which I keep reading about , but nobody really says HOW????
    >
    > I have RawWrite for windows to burn the image, Now I just need to find the
    > right image on the Knoppix Cd or website.

    I typed Knoppix boot floppy into google and got

    http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Boot_Floppy_HowTo

    What happend when you tried Google?

    Desk Rabbit, Dec 18, 2007
  4. don

    Mike Easter Guest

    don wrote:

    > I'm running Live Knoppix and have it running on one computer that is
    > bootable from the CD rom, but my other computer is not. How do I make
    > this boot floppy disk which I keep reading about , but nobody really
    > says HOW????
    >
    > I have RawWrite for windows to burn the image, Now I just need to
    > find the right image on the Knoppix Cd or website.

    Since you are running Win and you have a knoppix CD, DOS command the
    mkfloppy.bat file from the CD:

    <snip>
    If you are in Windows:

    Insert an empty, formatted floppy disk and the KNOPPIX CD.
    Open a DOS Window, open the KNOPPIX directory on the CD.

    <dos>
    d:
    cd \KNOPPIX
    </dos>

    create a boot floppy using the command:

    <dos>
    mkfloppy.bat
    </dos>

    * actual path on Knoppix 3.3 CDROM: /cdrom/KNOPPIX/mkfloppy.bat
    </snip>
    http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Boot_Floppy_HowTo

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Dec 18, 2007
  5. don

    don Guest

    > * actual path on Knoppix 3.3 CDROM: /cdrom/KNOPPIX/mkfloppy.bat
    > </snip>
    > http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Boot_Floppy_HowTo
    >

    > --
    > Mike Easter

    Thanks Mike for the clear directions, I must have downloaded a newer version
    of Knoppix which is why your directions are not working. Upon further
    reading of your link (which I did look at before I posted) it specifically
    says that mkfloppy.bat does not exits :-(

    Then it gives a link (which doesn't work) on how to solve the
    problem........ then it tells you to load Knoppix and run the mkfloppy
    script (knoppix Utilities)

    This is what happens when I don't read the Entire page damnnnnnnnn

    don, Dec 18, 2007