universa application win*.tmp.exe

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by mkson, Feb 27, 2006.

  1. mkson

    mkson Guest

    Dear All,

    It seems the problem has been solved

    I checked by sorting following the date of problem appears with research
    tools of windows xp

    in my case was 22 february 2006 @ 16h00

    I found in windows/system32 a .dll that i could not find any info on google
    so it was suspicious !!
    the name is winhab.dll but the name could be different following the pc
    win???.dll which is called by winlogon.exe or winreg.exe

    I found it in registry and changed the name

    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows
    NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\winhab32]
    "Asynchronous"=dword:00000001
    "DllName"="winhab32.dll"
    "Impersonate"=dword:00000000
    "Startup"="EvtStartup"
    "Shutdown"="EvtShutdown"

    than i could remove easely all duplicated win***.tmp files and suspicious
    win***.tmp.exe files

    "Universa application" executable is "A0032096.exe"

    Hope this help to others to avoid use restore of windows

    Thanks to all again

    MKS

    mkson, Feb 27, 2006