    advice would be welcomed.
    Thanks,
    Mick.
    Mick, Nov 26, 2006

  2. Mick

    G. Morgan Guest

    On Sun, 26 Nov 2006 21:43:21 -0000, "Mick" <>
    wrote:

    >This will be the first time I have used it, and am unsure what to do, any
    >advice would be welcomed.

    The best advice would come from the authorities, not some newsgroup.

    Call:
    0870 521 0410 24 hours a day

    http://www.passport.gov.uk/index.asp

    --

    -Graham

    (delete the double e's to email)
    G. Morgan, Nov 26, 2006

  3. Mick

    Flyer Guest

    "Mick" <> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    > I have a red covered European Community, United Kingdom of Great
    > Britain, and Northern Ireland
    > 10 Year Passport, that runs out on the 27th May 2007.
    >
    > I was born and live in the south of England.
    > I want to go to Dubai, in the United Arab Emirates, on the 24th February
    > returning on the 3rd March.
    > This is all before the Passport runs out, but a friend has said they may
    > not
    > accept it becouse of the run out date.
    >
    > This will be the first time I have used it, and am unsure what to do, any
    > advice would be welcomed.
    > Thanks,
    > Mick.

    I would be inclined to ring

    a) the Passport Office
    b) the UAE Embassy

    and seek assurance..

    P.
    Flyer, Nov 26, 2006
  4. Mick

    clot Guest

    Mick wrote:
    > Hi all,
    > I have a red covered European Community, United Kingdom of
    > Great Britain, and Northern Ireland
    > 10 Year Passport, that runs out on the 27th May 2007.
    >
    > I was born and live in the south of England.
    > I want to go to Dubai, in the United Arab Emirates, on the 24th
    > February returning on the 3rd March.
    > This is all before the Passport runs out, but a friend has said they
    > may not accept it becouse of the run out date.
    >
    > This will be the first time I have used it, and am unsure what to do,
    > any advice would be welcomed.

    As per G Morgan and Flyer. Quite a few countries seem unhappy to accept
    a passport that has less than 6 months to run. A few months ago, I
    contacted the B Embassy in Oman re some issues by e-mail and they were
    very helpful. You might find the same experince from the Dubai Office -
    good luck.

    clot, Nov 27, 2006
  5. Mick

    Mick Guest

    "clot" <> wrote in message
    > Mick wrote:
    >> Hi all,
    >> I have a red covered European Community, United Kingdom of
    >> Great Britain, and Northern Ireland
    >> 10 Year Passport, that runs out on the 27th May 2007.
    >>
    >> I was born and live in the south of England.
    >> I want to go to Dubai, in the United Arab Emirates, on the 24th
    >> February returning on the 3rd March.
    >> This is all before the Passport runs out, but a friend has said they
    >> may not accept it becouse of the run out date.
    >>
    >> This will be the first time I have used it, and am unsure what to do,
    >> any advice would be welcomed.

    Thanks everyone very much, I used the link given and have filled in the
    online renewal form.
    Next problem is it seems I cannot take the new photos myself, and print on
    my inject printer!
    Thanks again,
    Mick.
    Mick, Nov 27, 2006
  6. Mick

    Guest

    On Mon, 27 Nov 2006 01:26:44 -0000, "Mick" <>
    wrote:

    >"clot" <> wrote in message
    >> Mick wrote:
    >>> Hi all,
    >>> I have a red covered European Community, United Kingdom of
    >>> Great Britain, and Northern Ireland
    >>> 10 Year Passport, that runs out on the 27th May 2007.
    >>>
    >>> I was born and live in the south of England.
    >>> I want to go to Dubai, in the United Arab Emirates, on the 24th
    >>> February returning on the 3rd March.
    >>> This is all before the Passport runs out, but a friend has said they
    >>> may not accept it becouse of the run out date.
    >>>
    >>> This will be the first time I have used it, and am unsure what to do,
    >>> any advice would be welcomed.

    >Thanks everyone very much, I used the link given and have filled in the
    >online renewal form.
    >Next problem is it seems I cannot take the new photos myself, and print on
    >my inject printer!
    >Thanks again,
    > Mick.

    I have done that in the past and had them accepted with no comment.
    You have to stick to the guide lines especially the background colour.
    But the passport photo machines in many shops etc only cost about £3
    for four photos. Why not use them.

    The thing I do not understand is why my new passoprt which was issued
    in July 2006 becuase the previous one was full expires in April 2117
    which is almost 11 years life.

    John
    , Nov 28, 2006
  7. Mick

    AGEE Guest

    wrote:

    >"clot" <> wrote in message
    >> Mick wrote:
    >>> Hi all,
    >>> I have a red covered European Community, United Kingdom of
    >>> Great Britain, and Northern Ireland
    >>> 10 Year Passport, that runs out on the 27th May 2007.
    >>>
    >>> I was born and live in the south of England.
    >>> I want to go to Dubai, in the United Arab Emirates, on the 24th
    >>> February returning on the 3rd March.
    >>> This is all before the Passport runs out, but a friend has said they
    >>> may not accept it becouse of the run out date.
    >>>
    >>> This will be the first time I have used it, and am unsure what to do,
    >>> any advice would be welcomed.

    >Thanks everyone very much, I used the link given and have filled in the
    >online renewal form.
    >Next problem is it seems I cannot take the new photos myself, and print on
    >my inject printer!
    >Thanks again,
    > Mick.

    I would advise going to a local photographer and getting them done
    properly. Cost about a fiver. Speak from experience of renewing mine
    and using a photobooth

    AGEE, Nov 28, 2006