    Cheers
    Ross
    , Oct 19, 2005

  2. wrote:
    > I have been having issues with Eudora and finally corrupted the mail box so it
    > won't open.
    > So I thought the time was right to try Thunderbird. At instal I regrettfully
    > said, sure import my Eudora folders, and po-server info etc, and it did but
    > they are somewhat messed up, probably due to the corrupted file.
    > I tried to uninstall and then re-install clean with no import of data. However
    > there seems to be something that is not uninstalled, maybe registery.
    > Because when I try to reinstall I never get asked if I wish to import info
    > from other mail clients, it completes the install and all the old Eudora stuff
    > is still there, 2 inboxes and a real mess.
    > Any pointers would be appreciated on how to get a clean new install.
    > Cheers
    > Ross

    I am assuming Windows.

    The problem is that mail data is stored in the profile, which is stored
    separately from your program files. An uninstall/reinstall doesn't
    touch it.

    To solve this, open Thunderbird's Profile Manager:

    Start>>Programs>>Mozilla Thunderbird>>Profile Manager

    Delete the profile,and remove the files.

    Create a new profile. When you open it, don't choose to import the
    Eudora files. You should be okay from there.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Oct 19, 2005