Unique Freeware Website

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by Bear Bottoms, Sep 20, 2006.

  1. Bear Bottoms

    Brian Guest

    Bear Bottoms wrote:
    > On Wed, 20 Sep 2006 20:18:41 -0400, Rick Merrill wrote:
    >
    >> Bear Bottoms wrote:
    >>
    >>> There are lot's of good freeware sites out there, however, this one is a
    >>> bit unique in two ways.
    >>>
    >>> 1. The main purpose of this site is to sift through the hundreds of open
    >>> source and freeware programs available and list only the best ones. I
    >>> receive RSS feeds from various sources and get the latest news on new
    >>> developements. Comodo Personal Firewall and ZipGenius are examples of
    >>> immediate daily updates to this site as they happen.
    >>>
    >>> 2. Very easy to sift through the programs and find what you are looking
    >>> for. I find this action cumbersome at most sites.
    >>>
    >>> Those two characteristics make this site a simple quick way to find the
    >>> best programs along with a bit more than just software.
    >>>
    >>> http://bearbottoms1.com

    >> Well I for one like it and found some useful links. Thanks.

    > Your very welcome and thank you so much. Anything you could help me on
    > that would help others would be appreciated always. This is an effort to
    > help...that is all.

    Just a "heads up" your website is wrong in your signature, you forgot
    the "1"

    Brian

    Brian, Sep 21, 2006

  2. Bear Bottoms

    Bear Bottoms Guest

    On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 04:54:10 +0200, Sebastian Gottschalk wrote:

    > Bear Bottoms wrote:
    >
    >>> Don't you think it's utterly stupid to download or just get linked to
    >>> downloads by a random unknown website?

    >> Ah, great question. All of the links at the site go to the home of the
    >> product or trusted download sites.

    > So, how can someone verify that it doesn't go to some phishing site with
    > similar or completely different but compelling website?
    >
    >> However, a point in safe surfing as described at my site is to use "Sandboxie"

    > Useless, because it's trivial to break out of this container, it really
    > isn't a sandbox by design. And only fools would even think of using MSIE on
    > the internet, which it was never designed for and is even documented to be
    > trivially exploitable. Better use a webbrowser.
    >
    >> when you go to 'unknown' sites until you decide if it is trusted.

    > The number of trustworthy sites is about zero, as almost any includes
    > third-party content.
    >
    >> This is a must IMO.

    > This is a "Stupid, don't ever do so!" IMO.
    >

    >> Of course you can also use a Phishing prog

    > Phishing is a social, not a technical problem, and common tools to help
    > with filtering obviously invalid content are normally called
    > "anti-phishing".
    >
    >> a good firewall

    > Why?
    >
    >> a good anti-virus prog

    > Why?
    >
    >> a good active realtime defense prog...(a good security suite)

    > What a shit?

    Well, my recommendation to you would be to unplug your cat 5 :)
    --
    I research freeware: http://bearbottoms1.com

    Bear Bottoms, Sep 21, 2006

  3. Bear Bottoms

    Bear Bottoms Guest

    On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 09:43:57 -0400, Brian wrote:

    > Bear Bottoms wrote:

    >>> Well I for one like it and found some useful links. Thanks.

    >> Your very welcome and thank you so much. Anything you could help me on
    >> that would help others would be appreciated always. This is an effort to
    >> help...that is all.

    > Just a "heads up" your website is wrong in your signature, you forgot
    > the "1"
    >
    > Brian

    Thanks, I saw and fixed that :)
    --
    I research freeware: http://bearbottoms1.com

    Bear Bottoms, Sep 21, 2006
  4. Bear Bottoms

    Jack Belcher

    Joined:
    Jan 23, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    Bear Bottoms site

    Just want to say I totally disagree with David Lipman about Bear Bottoms site being spam. Also Bear I want to thank you for your site. I have been to your site many times and know I can trust the freeware from there. Had a problem finding it again lately as the link I had in my favorites (bearbottoms1.com) has not been working so I did a search on bear bottoms and got this link as one of the links, also got the link to your pages again and it will be back in my favorites. Thanks again.

    Jack Belcher, Jan 23, 2012