    something. I have pop-ups blocked, but still get these annoying (perhaps
    harmful?) windows showing up. How can I get rid of them?

    Thanks in advance for helping.

    Michael Plog, Mar 5, 2007

  2. Michael Plog

    Guest

    On Mar 5, 3:50 am, "Michael Plog" <> wrote:
    > I keep getting a lot of small web pages from caslemedia or something and
    > 'media.fastclick.net' asking my vote on issues or trying to sell me
    > something. I have pop-ups blocked, but still get these annoying (perhaps
    > harmful?) windows showing up. How can I get rid of them?
    >
    > Thanks in advance for helping.

    in the address bar type in about:config and look for this entry:

    privacy.popups.disable_from_plugins

    when found, double click on it and change it to the number 2.

    If that doesn't work, then add the following lines to your HOSTS file:

    127.0.0.1 casalemedia.com
    127.0.0.1 media.fastclick.net

    , Mar 5, 2007

  3. Michael Plog

    Guest

    On 5 Mar 2007 04:19:24 -0800,
    wrote:

    >On Mar 5, 3:50 am, "Michael Plog" <> wrote:
    >> I keep getting a lot of small web pages from caslemedia or something and
    >> 'media.fastclick.net' asking my vote on issues or trying to sell me
    >> something. I have pop-ups blocked, but still get these annoying (perhaps
    >> harmful?) windows showing up. How can I get rid of them?
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance for helping.

    >in the address bar type in about:config and look for this entry:
    >
    >privacy.popups.disable_from_plugins
    >
    >when found, double click on it and change it to the number 2.
    >
    >If that doesn't work, then add the following lines to your HOSTS file:
    >
    >127.0.0.1 casalemedia.com
    >127.0.0.1 media.fastclick.net

    If you use more than one browser, use this hosts file entry either
    way. They will be blocked on ALL browsers. Both of these are
    spammers from hell and they will do their best to defeat all blocking
    and flood you with spyware. It's too bad we cant destroy their
    computers from our own keyboards....

    , Mar 7, 2007