    problems that I have the patience to deal with and I want to reinstall XP
    Pro. When I put the disc in, the install option won't activate nor will it
    run/boot from my XP Pro cd. Please help.

    =?Utf-8?B?SnVzdGFuQWxpYXM=?=, Dec 20, 2005

  2. Nothing special. Check that you have a bootable CD, and that you have the CD
    drive set as your first boot device. Then boot from your XP Pro CD and
    install. I highly recommend formatting the current x64 partition to ensure
    that no trace of the existing x64 install remains behind.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Dec 20, 2005

  3. JustanAlias wrote:
    > Is there some special trick to uninstalling XP 64?

    Nope. The normal way to "uninstall" any operating system is to format
    the hard drive and install a new OS of your choice.

    > It's causing more
    > problems that I have the patience to deal with and I want to reinstall XP
    > Pro. When I put the disc in, the install option won't activate nor will it
    > run/boot from my XP Pro cd. Please help.

    Simply boot from the WinXP installation CD. You'll be offered the
    installation process. (You may need to re-arrange the order of boot

    HOW TO Install Windows XP

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm