Uninstalling Steganos Security Suite Help

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by malam, Aug 7, 2006.

  1. malam

    malam Guest

    My apologies if this is the wrong group, but I am desprate !
    I purchased a full version of Steganos Security Suite 7 and used it
    for a while until my system crashed. I managed to restore my system
    but would like to unistall Steganos. It does not matter what I do,
    this software is still in my system. I can't seem to get it off from
    the registry. I have contacted Steganos but no word from them. Please
    can you help.
    Thanks.
    malam, Aug 7, 2006
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. malam

    Tx2 Guest

    <malam> wrote in message news:...

    > I purchased a full version of Steganos Security Suite 7 and used it
    > for a while until my system crashed. I managed to restore my system
    > but would like to unistall Steganos. It does not matter what I do,
    > this software is still in my system. I can't seem to get it off from
    > the registry.


    It's all very well saying "It does not matter what I do", unfortunately we
    don't know what you have done.

    Nonetheless, my first suggestion is to re-install it, then use ADD/REMOVE to
    uninstall it. You may even have a "repair" option you can use, which I would
    run first, then try removing it.

    If that doesn't work, try renaming the folder in which the program resides,
    then re-install it, thereafter delete the renamed folder, and use the
    ADD/REMOVE programs to remove the program.

    If that doesn't work, then you are beginning to rely on Steganos getting
    back to you.....unless you can roll the system back a little further with
    SR, pre-installation of said software?
    Tx2, Aug 7, 2006
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. malam

    malam Guest

    Thanks a lot. It was the renaming of the directory that helped. I
    renamed the directory and did a fresh install. This corrected the
    problems that I had - it was not installing properly before. I have
    decided to even keep the software rather than remove it.
    I appreciate your help.

    Regards.

    On Mon, 7 Aug 2006 17:05:25 +0100, "Tx2"
    <> wrote:

    >
    ><malam> wrote in message news:...
    >
    >> I purchased a full version of Steganos Security Suite 7 and used it
    >> for a while until my system crashed. I managed to restore my system
    >> but would like to unistall Steganos. It does not matter what I do,
    >> this software is still in my system. I can't seem to get it off from
    >> the registry.

    >
    >It's all very well saying "It does not matter what I do", unfortunately we
    >don't know what you have done.
    >
    >Nonetheless, my first suggestion is to re-install it, then use ADD/REMOVE to
    >uninstall it. You may even have a "repair" option you can use, which I would
    >run first, then try removing it.
    >
    >If that doesn't work, try renaming the folder in which the program resides,
    >then re-install it, thereafter delete the renamed folder, and use the
    >ADD/REMOVE programs to remove the program.
    >
    >If that doesn't work, then you are beginning to rely on Steganos getting
    >back to you.....unless you can roll the system back a little further with
    >SR, pre-installation of said software?
    >
    malam, Aug 8, 2006
    #3
  4. malam wrote:
    > I have decided to even keep the software rather than remove it.


    LOL. You decided to keep a known insecure and buggy closed-source crypto
    software from a clearly untrusted vendor.
    Sebastian Gottschalk, Aug 8, 2006
    #4
  5. malam

    Jim Watt Guest

    On Tue, 08 Aug 2006 05:21:56 +0200, Sebastian Gottschalk
    <> wrote:

    >malam wrote:
    >> I have decided to even keep the software rather than remove it.

    >
    >LOL. You decided to keep a known insecure and buggy closed-source crypto
    >software from a clearly untrusted vendor.


    Translated: yet another bit of software you don't like and want to
    bitch about but have probably never actually used.
    --
    Jim Watt
    http://www.gibnet.com
    Jim Watt, Aug 8, 2006
    #5
  6. malam

    Tx2 Guest

    "Sebastian Gottschalk" <> wrote in message
    news:...

    > LOL. You decided to keep a known insecure and buggy closed-source crypto
    > software from a clearly untrusted vendor.


    That little gem just earned you a place in my killfile. There's only so much
    one can put up with from fuckwit's before a digital 'punch' in the mouth is
    due....

    *plonk*
    Tx2, Aug 8, 2006
    #6
  7. malam

    malam Guest

    Thanks TX. After renaming the folder in the C: /Programe Files/ I was
    able to uninstall the software. The new installation is also working
    fine and have decided to keep it. It was not installing without
    errors before.
    Thanks.

    On Mon, 7 Aug 2006 17:05:25 +0100, "Tx2"
    <> wrote:

    >
    ><malam> wrote in message news:...
    >
    >> I purchased a full version of Steganos Security Suite 7 and used it
    >> for a while until my system crashed. I managed to restore my system
    >> but would like to unistall Steganos. It does not matter what I do,
    >> this software is still in my system. I can't seem to get it off from
    >> the registry.

    >
    >It's all very well saying "It does not matter what I do", unfortunately we
    >don't know what you have done.
    >
    >Nonetheless, my first suggestion is to re-install it, then use ADD/REMOVE to
    >uninstall it. You may even have a "repair" option you can use, which I would
    >run first, then try removing it.
    >
    >If that doesn't work, try renaming the folder in which the program resides,
    >then re-install it, thereafter delete the renamed folder, and use the
    >ADD/REMOVE programs to remove the program.
    >
    >If that doesn't work, then you are beginning to rely on Steganos getting
    >back to you.....unless you can roll the system back a little further with
    >SR, pre-installation of said software?
    >
    malam, Aug 10, 2006
    #7
  8. malam

    Tx2 Guest

    <malam> wrote in message news:...

    > Thanks TX.


    np :)
    Tx2, Aug 10, 2006
    #8
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. The invisible man
    Replies:
    6
    Views:
    671
    Leonidas Jones
    Sep 26, 2005
  2. mentalguy2004

    Steganos Safe

    mentalguy2004, Feb 28, 2005, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    386
    mentalguy2004
    Feb 28, 2005
  3. Les Hemmings

    Uninstalling McAfee suite from new Dell..

    Les Hemmings, Dec 11, 2006, in forum: Computer Information
    Replies:
    12
    Views:
    750
    Alex Clayton
    Jan 30, 2007
  4. Zaphod

    Uninstalling Norton Internet Security

    Zaphod, Feb 3, 2006, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    10
    Views:
    591
    Zaphod
    Feb 3, 2006
  5. ~misfit~

    Uninstalling MS Security Essentials now....

    ~misfit~, Jan 20, 2010, in forum: NZ Computing
    Replies:
    7
    Views:
    1,190
    claudiathompson
    Sep 2, 2011
Loading...

Share This Page