    Now when there is no "uninstall" found when I go to uninstall it.
    It also won't even load when I click on the EXE.

    What do I do to remove this P.O.S.!?
    SHRED, Nov 28, 2004

  2. SHRED wrote:
    > I am using FireFox 1.0 on WIndows 2000.
    >
    > Made the mistake of trying to load RP free version:
    > RealPlayer10-5GOLD_bb.exe
    >
    > Now when there is no "uninstall" found when I go to uninstall it.
    > It also won't even load when I click on the EXE.
    >
    > What do I do to remove this P.O.S.!?

    This would seem to be more of a Real problem then an FF one.

    I don't have Real loaded on my system, but look in Add/Remove programs.
    Is there a listing for Real? If so, when you try to remove it, are
    you getting a warning about a missing uninstaller file?

    You might try reinstalling the program to restore the missing or corrupt
    file, then uninstalling.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Nov 28, 2004

  3. SHRED

    MLC Guest

    _Leonidas Jones_, domenica 28/nov/2004:

    > SHRED wrote:
    >> I am using FireFox 1.0 on WIndows 2000.
    >>
    >> Made the mistake of trying to load RP free version:
    >> RealPlayer10-5GOLD_bb.exe
    >>
    >> Now when there is no "uninstall" found when I go to uninstall it.
    >> It also won't even load when I click on the EXE.
    >>
    >> What do I do to remove this P.O.S.!?

    > This would seem to be more of a Real problem then an FF one.
    >
    > I don't have Real loaded on my system, but look in Add/Remove programs.
    > Is there a listing for Real? If so, when you try to remove it, are
    > you getting a warning about a missing uninstaller file?
    >
    > You might try reinstalling the program to restore the missing or corrupt
    > file, then uninstalling.
    >
    > Lee

    Regarding Real Player, today I saw what I think is a misbehavior in Firefox.
    I clicked on the install plugin... Then I thought I really didn't need it
    and didn't want to have FF blocked (the install window is modal) for the
    downloading time (I'm on dialup), so I close the install window clicking on
    the red X in the upper right corner (there is not a Cancel button in that
    window). Well, I saw that FF was still downloading it. I think it would be
    better it stopped the unwanted download. At last I shut down FF, so it
    really stopped.
    --
    Maria Luisa C - 28/11/2004 22.57.58
    MLC, Nov 28, 2004