Uninstalling Real player

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by soup, Dec 23, 2004.

  1. soup

    soup Guest

    To cut a very long story short installed then uninstalled
    Real player. Uninstalled from"All programs" then looked
    in add/remove programs still appeared there so pressed
    to delete it, system reported along the lines of "Real player
    has already been uninstalled do you wish to remove it
    from this list?" so clicked yes for that .
    Didn't allow icons everywhere so didn't have that
    problem but Real player was still offered as an alternative
    in 'Autoplay'. So went to registry I deleted everything with
    real player in it but was still getting offered it as an
    alternative to play discs .
    Does anyone know how to get rid of the last vestige of
    Real player?
    Have tried Googling but running a script in UNIX
    is beyond me (all the 'hits' seemed to be for admins
    running server farms). So step by step or directions
    to a site that gives step by step instructions would be
    best

    Have Real Alternative installed
    OS is Win XP

    --
    yours S

    soup, Dec 23, 2004

  2. soup

    SA Guest

    Use pc magazine's "unclean." It is better then the windows add/remove
    programs utility.

    SA, Dec 23, 2004