    drive that it's on for another computer. But I cant remove the hd because I
    get an error when trying to boot into the other drive with winxp. So how
    exactly do I uninstall it???

    -'-JesterDev-'-, Jun 25, 2003

  2. -'-JesterDev-'-

    Jimchip Guest

    On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 23:01:55 GMT, -'-JesterDev-'- wrote:
    > I install mandrake linux a few months ago, and have since needed to hard
    > drive that it's on for another computer. But I cant remove the hd because I
    > get an error when trying to boot into the other drive with winxp. So how
    > exactly do I uninstall it???

    You don't say how you set up the multiboot. You may have to do something
    like uninstall LILO. Is the remaining XP HD jumpered as the master?

    (lifted from /. Posted by jamie.)

    Jimchip, Jun 25, 2003

  3. -'-JesterDev-'-

    philo Guest

    "-'-JesterDev-'-" <> wrote in message
    > I install mandrake linux a few months ago, and have since needed to hard
    > drive that it's on for another computer. But I cant remove the hd because

    > get an error when trying to boot into the other drive with winxp. So how
    > exactly do I uninstall it???

    boot to linux
    to remove lilo the command is lilo -u

    then run fdisk from linux and delete all the linux partitions

    after you remove the disk
    if you cannot boot to XP
    you willl need to boot with your XP cd and enter the recovery console

    you will need to issue one (or both) of the following commands:

    fixboot
    fixmbr

    philo, Jun 25, 2003