    appear to even try!

    Help!

    Tony
    Quiz Time, Dec 17, 2005

  2. Quiz Time

    Quiz Time Guest

    Re: uninstallinga very stubborn AVG free edition

    Am on windows XP btw

    Perhaps I need a software tool whoch can uninstall the things that won't let
    me.

    Any suggestions?

    Tony

    Quiz Time, Dec 17, 2005

  3. Quiz Time

    Stickems. Guest

    Re: uninstallinga very stubborn AVG free edition

    Try reinstalling it, then do an uninstall in Add/Remove Programs in Control
    Panel.

    Stickems., Dec 17, 2005
  4. Quiz Time

    Shep© Guest

    On Sat, 17 Dec 2005 17:32:19 GMT If you fall from a tree,leave your
    anger on the branch and then "Quiz Time"
    <> sent this :

    >It says that in order to complete the update, I need to restart the
    >computer, which I have done many times.
    >
    >I tried uninstalling it from the control panel and the link under my program
    >files, it flashes up as if to uninstall it but then dissapears immediately
    >with a quick error type noise. So I can't even uninstall it, it doesn't
    >appear to even try!
    >
    >Help!
    >
    >Tony

    Un install AVG fully,go to the Grisoft site and download the latest
    full free version and install that.
    HTH :)

    --
    Free Windows/PC help,
    Shep©, Dec 17, 2005
  5. Quiz Time

    Sew Guest

    On Sat, 17 Dec 2005 17:32:19 GMT, "Quiz Time"
    <> wrote:

    >It says that in order to complete the update, I need to restart the
    >computer, which I have done many times.
    >
    >I tried uninstalling it from the control panel and the link under my program
    >files, it flashes up as if to uninstall it but then dissapears immediately
    >with a quick error type noise. So I can't even uninstall it, it doesn't
    >appear to even try!

    hmm, seems to me that I had to check that AVG was not running in the
    start menu BEFORE it would uninstall itself. I now know though that no
    two computers do the same thing...hope this helps...

    Sew, Dec 19, 2005