    Thx
    Phastbiker
    ( . ) ( . )

    Brian Berry, Oct 1, 2003

  2. Brian Berry

    Brian Berry Guest

    They just reply and said no support for non registered users... i was just
    using the trial... FOCKERS.... I"M PISSED NOW... i know computers pretty
    well and see what their doing!

    "Brian Berry" <> wrote in message
    > Uninstalling... get:
    > ****
    > Local machine: prepared for the installation
    > Actions plan:
    > Error: Internal error. Setup parameter "RunOnceParam" is not

    defined

    Brian Berry, Oct 1, 2003

  3. Brian Berry

    Phil Guest

    AVG Antivirus is a good freebie! why are you wanting to Uninstall it?

    > Uninstalling... get:
    > ****
    > Local machine: prepared for the installation
    > Actions plan:
    > Error: Internal error. Setup parameter "RunOnceParam" is not

    defined
    > ****
    > Need fix plz. Tried many of things but not able to completely get it
    > removed cleanly. The damn SHIT!
    >
    > Any help will be taken and used with much appreciation.
    >
    > Thx
    > Phastbiker
    > ( . ) ( . )

    ---

    Phil, Oct 1, 2003
  4. Brian Berry

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Brian Berry said:

    > Uninstalling... get:
    > ****
    > Local machine: prepared for the installation
    > Actions plan:
    > Error: Internal error. Setup parameter "RunOnceParam" is not defined
    > ****
    > Need fix plz. Tried many of things but not able to completely get it
    > removed cleanly. The damn SHIT!
    >
    > Any help will be taken and used with much appreciation.
    >
    > Thx
    > Phastbiker
    > ( . ) ( . )

    Delete the AVG folder, reboot and run a reg cleaner to clean up the remaining
    mess.

    Brian H¹©, Oct 1, 2003
  5. Brian Berry

    Phastbiker Guest

    Thanks BrianH. It's intergrated with Outlook at the moment and I want that
    clean well also. What do you think?

    Phastbiker, Oct 1, 2003
  6. Brian Berry

    Phastbiker Guest

    had 45 day trial or something... It has expired and not saying free
    anymore. I want it off anyhow because it's really not even close to the
    best antivirus.

    Phastbiker, Oct 1, 2003
  7. Brian Berry

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Phastbiker said:

    > Thanks BrianH. It's intergrated with Outlook at the moment and I want that
    > clean well also. What do you think?

    Can't you go through the AVG settings to free up Outlook first, then scrap it?

    > "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    >> Brian Berry said:
    >>
    >>> Uninstalling... get:
    >>> ****
    >>> Local machine: prepared for the installation
    >>> Actions plan:
    >>> Error: Internal error. Setup parameter "RunOnceParam" is not defined
    >>> ****
    >>> Need fix plz. Tried many of things but not able to completely get it
    >>> removed cleanly. The damn SHIT!
    >>>
    >>> Any help will be taken and used with much appreciation.
    >>>
    >>> Thx
    >>> Phastbiker
    >>> ( . ) ( . )

    Brian H¹©, Oct 1, 2003
  8. Brian Berry

    Phastbiker Guest

    Sorry, beer on empty stomach lowers my Brain waves so i cannot have good
    grammer... HA burp

    Phastbiker, Oct 1, 2003
  9. Brian Berry

    Phastbiker Guest

    it's expired

    Phastbiker, Oct 1, 2003
  10. Brian Berry

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Phastbiker said:

    > it's expired

    Bugger.
    Only thing I can think of then, is to delete the folder as suggested, reboot and
    install the free version, free up Outlook and then uninstall AVG after.
    Worth a try, and might save a bit of messing with the registry.

    Brian H¹©, Oct 1, 2003
  11. Brian Berry

    Phastbiker Guest

    he he, well kinda already went that route without deleting folders and
    registry enties prior to re-installing. Need to do again to make sure i did
    it right. I downloaded free ver again a bit ago and reinstalled OVER or at
    least i thought it was over the original install... I was able to run a
    uninstall successfully from the start menu and it removed, restarted, and
    then came back up and the old install and was still there and kicking,
    expired, the same as before! See my fustration? I will do better cleanup,
    folders, registry... make sure i install in same dir as original install and
    give it another go. burp. last try because i'm getting to high!
    -
    phastbiker
    ( . ) ( . )

    Phastbiker, Oct 1, 2003
  12. Brian Berry

    Steve Guest

    I've been using it (FREE VERSION) for about three years now. No problems at
    all except that I can't run the game Freecell at the same time (Freecell
    just locks up).
    I suspect that you didn't bother registering the free version. If you
    register it (which is free), they will notify you of definition updates and
    give you (for free) a registration number that keeps it working forever
    (well at least three years) and they don't even bug you with marketing
    shite. If you don't want to give out your e-mail address, open up a hotmail
    account and register from there.

    Oh yes, and I haven't had any virus infections.
    I think that you will find that all anti-virus programs can detect the same
    viruses.

    Thanks AVG - great freebee

    > had 45 day trial or something... It has expired and not saying free
    > anymore. I want it off anyhow because it's really not even close to the
    > best antivirus.
    >

    > "Phil" <> wrote in message
    > > AVG Antivirus is a good freebie! why are you wanting to Uninstall it?
    > >
    > > "Brian Berry" <> wrote in message
    > > > Uninstalling... get:
    > > > ****
    > > > Local machine: prepared for the installation
    > > > Actions plan:
    > > > Error: Internal error. Setup parameter "RunOnceParam" is not

    > > defined
    > > > ****
    > > > Need fix plz. Tried many of things but not able to completely get it
    > > > removed cleanly. The damn SHIT!
    > > >
    > > > Any help will be taken and used with much appreciation.
    > > >
    > > > Thx
    > > > Phastbiker
    > > > ( . ) ( . )
    > > >

    > > ---

    ---

    Steve, Oct 1, 2003
  13. Brian Berry

    Steve Guest

    If you are determined to remove this super little program, then reinstall
    it, as previously described. Go onto the Grisoft website and register it
    (its free, and you can always do it from a hotmail account). Enter the
    registration code and it should work perfectly (depending on whether you've
    screwed thing up too much trying to uninstall it).
    At this point you may well decide that you want to keep it (it is probably
    the best anti-virus at the price - free updates forever, complete and custom
    scans, removable media scans, integration possible with outlook and outlook
    express, virus checking of zip archives etc.)
    If not, then remove integration from outlook, winzip, and anything else that
    you have integrated it with. Shut AVG down (make sure that it's not sitting
    in your systray).
    Click on "Uninstall AVG" and go and make yourself a nice cup of tea.

    > Sorry, beer on empty stomach lowers my Brain waves so i cannot have good
    > grammer... HA burp
    >
    > "Phastbiker" <> wrote in message
    > > Thanks BrianH. It's intergrated with Outlook at the moment and I want

    > that
    > > clean well also. What do you think?
    > >

    > > "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message

    > > defined

    it

    > > > Delete the AVG folder, reboot and run a reg cleaner to clean up the

    > > remaining
    > > > mess.

    ---

    Steve, Oct 1, 2003