    hard drive and install OS and all applications.
    --

    Tom

    T, Feb 13, 2004

  2. T

    Mark Guest

    You need to use uninstall facility in control panel, this wont get rid of
    all the files but if you have something like norton utilities you can run a
    check to delete all the orphan files that are left behind. You could try
    doing it manually but would take forever and a day.

    Mark

    Mark, Feb 13, 2004

  3. T

    Hans Guest

    "Mark" <me@here> wrote in message
    > You need to use uninstall facility in control panel, this wont get rid of
    > all the files but if you have something like norton utilities you can run

    > check to delete all the orphan files that are left behind. You could try
    > doing it manually but would take forever and a day.
    >
    > Mark
    > "T" <> wrote in message
    > > Anyone know a way to total uninstall AOL 9.0 with out having to format

    the
    > > hard drive and install OS and all applications.
    > > --

    Plus, after using the control panel uninstall you could then go into
    explorer and delete the AOL subfolder which contains folders. These are
    usually stored preferences, etc.

    ---

    Hans, Feb 13, 2004
  4. T

    CB Guest

    "Hans" <> wrote in message

    > "Mark" <me@here> wrote in message
    > > You need to use uninstall facility in control panel, this wont get rid

    of
    > > all the files but if you have something like norton utilities you can

    run
    > > check to delete all the orphan files that are left behind. You could try
    > > doing it manually but would take forever and a day.
    > >
    > > Mark
    > > "T" <> wrote in message
    > > > Anyone know a way to total uninstall AOL 9.0 with out having to format

    > the
    > > > hard drive and install OS and all applications.
    > > > --
    > > >

    > Plus, after using the control panel uninstall you could then go into
    > explorer and delete the AOL subfolder which contains folders. These are
    > usually stored preferences, etc.

    Plus do a registry check and remove Aol 9.0 registry keys and data
    remaining;-)
    --
    Craven Birds

    Bird sightings based around 'Craven' Skipton, North Yorks.
    http://cravenbirds.mysite.freeserve.com/
    http://mysite.freeserve.com/cravenbirds

    CB, Feb 13, 2004
  5. CB wrote:

    > "Hans" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Mark" <me@here> wrote in message
    >> > You need to use uninstall facility in control panel, this wont get rid

    > of
    >> > all the files but if you have something like norton utilities you can

    > run
    >> > check to delete all the orphan files that are left behind. You could
    >> > try doing it manually but would take forever and a day.
    >> >
    >> > Mark
    >> > "T" <> wrote in message

    >> the
    >> > >

    >> Plus, after using the control panel uninstall you could then go into
    >> explorer and delete the AOL subfolder which contains folders. These are
    >> usually stored preferences, etc.

    > Plus do a registry check and remove Aol 9.0 registry keys and data
    > remaining;-)

    Don't forget to reinstall the TCP/IP networking stacks, AOL fucks with 'em.

    --
    Gary G. Taylor * Rialto, CA

    Gary G. Taylor, Feb 14, 2004
  6. T

    anti_aol

    Joined:
    May 13, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    Wait a minute!

    Don't reformat to remove AOL.

    Try the information on this site instead:

    http://anti-aol.livejournal.com

    (Full disclosure: it's mine.)

    Now that I've spent over a year learning the best ways to uninstall AOL I know you don't have to reformat to get rid of it. It's time-consuming and arduous to remove AOL manually, though, so what I've done is look at the best free tools to remove AOL for you.

    The result is two tutorials using those tools that tell you how to get rid of AOL as safely and easily as you can. I've tested both on my own computer and it was in better shape afterward than it was when it still had AOL on it.

    anti_aol, May 13, 2007